Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-28-2006, 07:14 AM   #1
fred812
Authorized User

Drives: 2007 5 spd Hatch White
Regrets?

I'm starting to get a few calls from dealers that are now or soon getting yaris's or (what is the plural or yaris ?) Many cute kool cars!!

Anyway, they are offering me colors/options that I don't want. These are still not many latch backs (got that from costa) in this area. So my question is did anyone get a color or package that they didn't want and now have regrets? Should I wait? My local dealer still says white 5 speed latch will be October...What to do and I gotta act fast?
Any regrets???
F
fred812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:12 AM   #2
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Got a color I didn't really want, the red, but now I don't mind it too much. Saw an metallic blue HB and didn't really like the color at all. Not sure why.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:36 AM   #3
asa805

Drives: 07 White 2dr Yaris Hatch
I have the white HB and i regret not getting the blazing blue. I also regret not having a power package.. but since it didnt come with one anyway (anywhere in my area at least) and i needed a car desperatley i really cant complain too much. Other than that i am loving the car. It suits my purpose to drive to and from work and school and my payments are dirt cheap. Oh and the car is just adorable! :)
asa805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:52 AM   #4
silverRS

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Silver
no regrets here, my silver 5dr RS looks great, lowered, exhaust, and soon gunmetal SSR 16's, and carbon fibre trim kit. I do regret Toyota being morons and having painted splash guards in thier brochure but only available in black...booooo.....unless anyone has heard otherwise.
silverRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:07 AM   #5
Uglyboyed

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan S Flint Mica
Send a message via AIM to Uglyboyed Send a message via Yahoo to Uglyboyed
well i really wanted a power package and some alloy wheels but hey i cant get everything i want!!!
Uglyboyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:54 PM   #6
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Ill find out about any regrets in less then a week, yay!! Don't think I will have any though since I ordered exactly what I want and fully loaded :)
Old 06-28-2006, 12:59 PM   #7
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
The only regrets I have on the exterior color is that the front of the S with so much real estate is a bug magnet....and having the jade sea shows it so loverly

As for the interior color I don't really care to the sand with the brown squiggley (spelling?) lines on it....too easy to get dirty

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:14 PM   #8
Tankota
Prototype Tester

Drives: Yaris S-Sedan / FJ Cruiser
I held out and got exactly what I wanted, if I'm paying for the darn thing I'm getting what I want..

Ok, I didn't get fog lights or a sun roof.. The first wasn't available in my region for some dumb reason, and the second isn't available at all. But I've already ordered the factory fog surrounds for the front bumper so I can install my own aftermarket lights, and I'll end up with a better lights anyways.. and I'm working on the Sunroof option... 8-)
Tankota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:56 PM   #9
spacemanoeuvres
spase peepole

Drives: BLAZING BLUE Liftback 5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
Got a color I didn't really want, the red, but now I don't mind it too much. Saw an metallic blue HB and didn't really like the color at all. Not sure why.
That's funny, my dealer had a red HB w/ PP coming in the week after I started looking but I turned it down because I'd been driving a red Paseo for 13 years.

I ended up waiting six weeks for a Blazing Blue HB and I couldn't be happier; though I do regret not getting the side airbags they'd come in handy since the HB is the size of a roller skate
Old 06-28-2006, 02:15 PM   #10
Hyde

Drives: M3,CayenneS,SL500,550i,GT3RS
no regret
i special order my car with the color package and transmission i wanted.
which is white RS 5MT fully loaded.
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:21 PM   #11
ricko

Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS
No regrets at all!!!! At the time of purchase, there were only 3 '06 RS 5-speed LB's available in Ontario. All 3 were Copper-Orange Mica! I was ready to opt for an '07, until I saw a couple of LB's in the Copper-Orange thread. The pics helped me decide on the '06 (and the lower interest rate), and have been VERY happy with my choice of car, options, AND colour. My lowered RS in Copper-Orange, attracts a lot of positive comments.
Attached Images

ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:42 PM   #12
Frink

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 5 door 5 speed
Had to wait almost 2 months for it, but I have no regrets.
I absolutely love my Black 5 door RS.
I find myself looking back and amiring it after I park it.
But hey, I'm sure we all do that
Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:30 PM   #13
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
i ordered mine and had to wait 3 months. Got the silver liftback 5 speed. Absolutely no regrets. I'd buy another one in a second. If i could put ladders on one I'd buy another today. Got to have a truck for work.

I'd recommend getting as close to what you want so you'll enjoy what you got more.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:44 PM   #14
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Oh I love the colors...just don't care for the extranious garbage that can make it not so nice.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:22 PM   #15
eight_heads

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback
got an '07 5spd Red Liftback and love it... took a month, no regrets, but i wish i could have gotten the power pkg.

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
eight_heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:32 PM   #16
boxerboy

Drives: WRX ,Tacoma and Yaris
I got what I wanted white hach, power and fogs with 5spd. The only regret is I did not order sooner.
boxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:33 PM   #17
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Absolutely No Regrets.

I placed a specific order for mine, and it was sourced in 2 weeks. The vehicle had already been ordered but was not comitted to anyone.

Black Sand Pearl
RS, with Package B (basically fully loaded)
Lowering Springs
5 Door Hatchback
Manual Transmission

Best purchase I have ever made, and I'm extremely pleased with this car.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:18 PM   #18
dandj

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan auto
I passed up a silver stripped sedan and a month later got a pacific blue sedan w/ convenience package and am very happy I did. The only regret is the wife likes it so much she wishes it had the power package, but I bought it to drive to work so didn't need all that. I did add cruise tho.
dandj is offline   Reply With Quote