Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-12-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Out of paint, + some new goodies installed

I've had a super busy work week(and it's not getting a easier) so it took me a lot longer to get the mods done than I had expected...in fact it took me about a week @ a couple hours here and there just to get the AUTOPOWER roll cage and KIDO coilovers(Thanks Garm/MI) in. I had planed to be done with color sand by now but that will have to wait until I get another free weekend(looks like it's gonna be about a month at this point). I also put in a set of the LED rear bumper reflectors(again, thanks to the folks @ MI)...I really like them. I'm riding high right(suspension wise) because I have to use my car for some deliveries over the next couple of weeks(since the seats are out it worked out perfectly) so I want to be able to take the extra 300+ pounds I could end up with without worrying about toasting the bumper...after all, it is fresh out of paint!

The color is Black sand pearl, we added extra pearl and some "rainbow prism" to the midcoat. It's super tough to capture the prism on camera without direct sunlight and it was overcast today...unfortunately. When the sun hits the paint there is an intense blast of rainbow colored flake, outside of direct sunlight the car goes back to black. I tired to capture a little bit of it using a my cell phone flash and my camera but it was really hard to operate both at the same time, meh.

rollcage in

Best I could do to capture the prism without sunlight...

KIDO coilovers in...right after this test fit I cleaned and painted the entire wheel well, I also changed the inner fender liners as they had taken a beating from all the wear over the years... the previous owners had also cut 1/3rd of the drivers side off for some reason. You used to be able to see the tire from the front, it looked like crap. The liners took all of 20 minutes to swap, it was worth it for the 60 bucks...looks fresh now.

That's all for now...the turbo kit should go in in the next 60-90 days, right before I move.

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:49 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Wow! What a difference from what it looked like before. I will have to check out that cool paint in person, next time I'm out your way.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Wow! What a difference from what it looked like before. I will have to check out that cool paint in person, next time I'm out your way.

You better make it quick! I'm moving to Riverside(100 miles north) in the near future.

Thanks!

Scott can attest to how beat the car was. Just envision a car used by dozens of different people to the tune of 500 miles per day...from faaaarrrr away it looked fine.

I'm thinking of removing the rear wiper as well...

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg

Last edited by mazilla; 02-14-2012 at 08:27 PM.
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote