Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
Bobohhhhhh

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Rear Defroster Issue - Please Help!

So I noticed that my rear defroster grid hasn't been working the last week or so. Today I did some troubleshooting and came up with diddly squat.

I did a visual inspection of the lines, despite being underneath tint, look in good condition. I then checked all the fuses... according to the wiring diagram there is a 30A for the Def itself, then a 10A and a 7.5A as well which were fine. I even swapped out the 30 with a new one incase I couldn't see the fault. I then took a voltmeter and tested the connection beneath the 30A fuse and got 11.7 VDC but when I poked and prodded the connections in the rear I got nothing on the meter. Could it be a wiring issue from the front to the back? Or could this be a relay issue? I hear it click on/off as I toggle the switch. Im not even sure where the relay is...can it be replaced?

Im lost please help!

Bobohhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The defroster relay is integrated into the body ECU. Check the voltage on the black wire in pin 2 of connector 4F with the defroster turned on. That is the output from the relay.