Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #1
lanemeyer14

Drives: 08 base Hb
Echo hatch in US?

Sorry if this subject has been discussed/beaten to death but I did a little searching and didn't find much. Just wondering if anyone in the US has imported an Echo hatch from Canada? Wanting to get a Yaris/Echo in the near future and just wondering if it would be too much of a pita to import an echo. Again, if I missed a thread on this somewhere please point me in the right direction and don't flame me too bad!
lanemeyer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #2
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Don't know a lot about importing cars but is there a reason you want an Echo hatch instead of just going for the far superior Yaris hatch available in large quantities right her in the US? You can a used '07 very affordable now. Importing a car will just add lots of costs beyond the value of the car resulting in an Echo costing more than a Yaris potentially.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
lanemeyer14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
Don't know a lot about importing cars but is there a reason you want an Echo hatch instead of just going for the far superior Yaris hatch available in large quantities right her in the US? You can a used '07 very affordable now. Importing a car will just add lots of costs beyond the value of the car resulting in an Echo costing more than a Yaris potentially.
No real reason. I like the styling of both, the echo just appeals to me slightly more.....not even sure why that is though. Might just be the fact that it looks like an updated version of my Ford Festiva which I love, haha
Old 01-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
lanemeyer14

Oh, just found this link thread. Guess it's not too hard to import them.....wonder if this one is still for sale
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7872
Old 01-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
vector9mm

Drives: blue 08 hb
I think the guys on the TV show Psych drive an Echo hatch.
vector9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:54 PM   #6
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vector9mm View Post
I think the guys on the TV show Psych drive an Echo hatch.
He does, but the show is filmed in White Rock, British Columbia, Canada (as well as Vancouver and various locations around the Lower Mainland as backdrops) despite being set in Santa Barbara, California...

As such, they use a Canadian-specs Echo 5-door hatchback during most of the show...

...but in "local" Santa Barbara shots they use a similarly-colored Yaris hatchback...

Cheers! M2