Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-28-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
ibanezjeepguy

Drives: 2010 Meteorite Liftback
Is Blu Logic worth the money?

wife really wants me to install this in our new car but I'm wondering if the $180 is really worth it? can anyone tell me how they like or dis-like theirs whether you installed it yourself or it came w/ the car at purchase.
ibanezjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #2
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Are you talking about Bluetooth for the phone?
Old 01-29-2011, 09:24 AM   #3
ibanezjeepguy

yeah, factory blue-tooth enabled on the factory stereo
Old 01-29-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
um...i have a blutooth earpiece. it was free with a rebate. so no, it's not worth it to me.

however here at bmw we have people paying tons to get it done. 400 for a module, and 2 hours labor...about 800 total after taxes and such.

but also, is this the one that connects to the music files in the phone as well? then it may be worth it. idk personal preference

Last edited by severous01; 01-29-2011 at 10:28 AM.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
ibanezjeepguy

gave my wife my old earpiece, she doesn't like it. though she rather enjoyed the hands free function built into her friends new ford... and she's not getting another ford!
people with bmw will pay for anything extra, thats the money is no object car.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
I heard mixed reports on radios with built in bluetooth, mainly due to the mike in the radio is just too far away from the person talking. Now if you do it as an add on, I think it comes with a mike that you can attach to the sun visor or similar. Those should sound better. As long as the windows are rolled up.......
Old 01-29-2011, 10:57 AM   #7
ibanezjeepguy

this particular option is an add-on, it simply auto-mutes the stereo and broadcasts your phone call over the speakers. the mic cable sneaks up to the center dash flat just to the right or left of the gauge cluster, I guess preference...
Old 02-02-2011, 10:30 AM   #8
coasternd

Drives: 2010 5 Door Yaris
I bought the Toyota BluLogic system when I purchased my Yaris. Its not that its a bad system it's just the Toyota tech who installed mine put the mic on the passenger side of my gauge cluster and noone can hear me talk. If you get it ensure that the installation has the mic on as close to the drive as possible. Also, I have an iPhone and if you do ANYTHING on your iPhone it will cutout the sound of the radio, if you slide the unlock it cuts it out... everything. If your phone doesn't broadcast "system sounds" through Bluetooth then I don't think it will be a problem.
coasternd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #9
ibanezjeepguy

ooo, another -1 for the iPhone ;-(

the factory install guideline states to put the mic in that exact location , I do not know why, I would think to put it directly in front of the driver as much as possible.
you can easily fix that though, think its just held on with mounting tape?
Old 02-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #10
coasternd

Drives: 2010 5 Door Yaris
Yeah its mounting tape, but I haven't pulled the dash apart since the cords tightly smushed in there. I can considering a whole new Double Din system that has Bluetooth built into it though, so I am going to be taking BluLogic out altogether. http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28867
coasternd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #11
alamocoastie

Drives: 2008 Red LB
I just installed a sony HU for $170 with BT built in. Streams from the phone, uses hands free for phone calls and what not. Works great! And sounds so much better than stock (also swapped in 4 polk audio 6.5's all around). That would be something to consider as well. If you are going to upgrade that part, may as well upgrade the entire stereo and get better sound that comes with that.
alamocoastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #12
ibanezjeepguy

true that, I'll let me wife know.
she rather likes the stock unit and I actually just replaced it with another stock one because the old unit had coffee spilled on it !
Old 02-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #13
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
i got them to throw it in for free (the blu logic) i said to them "if im getting a whole car u gotta throw some extra shit in" the mic is right behind the steering wheel it works fine no reception or hearing problems on either end of a phone call it is kinda annoying when you have a full car but you can always route the call back to your phone i have a blackberry
matthewai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:03 PM   #14
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezjeepguy View Post
people with bmw will pay for anything extra, thats the money is no object car.
yes ive come to the conclusion that 90% of bmw's i see on the road is driven like and usually by a douche bag . does anyone agree?
matthewai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:46 AM   #15
tk1971

Drives: 08 2Dr LB Base, Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezjeepguy View Post
yeah, factory blue-tooth enabled on the factory stereo
Just did a Parrot CK3000 install in my car. It cost me about $55 total (not $180). Auto connects to my Verizon VX8300 (I haven't let anyone upgrade my phone from work... I don't want to check emails when I'm not at work). It automatically syncs as soon as I start the car. The Parrot brand have been a leader in blue tooth car kits. So much so, that Alpine proudly uses Parrot blue tooth technology in their CDE-103BT and other blue tooth built-in head units.

It is silly simple: Two buttons and a knob. Press the connect to answer calls and the disconnect to end them. To initiate a call, press the connect, and the radio auto mutes. The Parrot takes over the front L/R speakers and states: "Please Say a Command". I'd say: "Call Person Mobile" and it would dial that person's cell # from my phonelist (inside the phone).

I don't have to train it, etc... Plug and play like those motorola ear pieces.

Mic is installed on the steering column.

Open box on Amazon, comes out to be less than $55 (can't find any now on Amazon, but open box units regularly come up there and on EBay). If you want a no stress install, you can get the harness. Search for: "TOYOTA PARROT QUICK CONNECT HARNESS QCtoy1". They are about $40 and change.

I just put together a little thread about the install:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33150

Last edited by tk1971; 02-16-2011 at 08:57 AM. Reason: add blurb about Alpine using Parrot tech
tk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote