Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2018, 09:47 PM   #1
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Paint Booth for Full Respray - Video of booth added...

I've started the booth in my garage. Hoping to be done by mid-week. I bought 2 20" box fans and 6 furnace filters. Next is to procure lighting. I'm hoping to pick up used fluorescent fixtures and have a lead on a few 48" ones.

I built the frame so that it could be easily disassembled and stored. Each wall is screwed and glued with construction adhesive and each wall is detachable. I used strapping for cost savings. It's actually very solid. Once done, the entire thing will be covered in heavy poly sheeting and sealed with Tuck Tape.

Approximate dimensions of the booth are 19'(L) x 12'(W) x 7'(H). There is decent room all around but I wouldn't want to try painting a car much bigger in there.

I am leaning toward a negative pressure set up. I think that with the two fans and 6 filters, I should be able to evacuate the fumes/overspray quite quickly. I am going to rig up cups for the back of the fan motors to eliminate airborne material from going through the motor. However, I will probably experiment with a positive pressure system before making a final decision.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 06-19-2018 at 10:41 PM.
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote