Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
LEXX
0-60 IN UNDER FIVE

Drives: 2008 Blk on Blk Yaris Sedan
Question Right High Beam Keeps Going Out

I'm having a problem with the highbeam in my right headlight.

This is the second time in 6 months that my right highbeam has gone out. I hit a real bad pothole the other day on that side a couple days ago but just noticed today it was out again.

All the other lights work fine. Left side high and low beams are fine. Right side low beam is fine but the high beam on the right side is out again. I needed a water pump and belt done last time it went out so I just let the dealer fix it. The reciept says bulb replaced but they charged me a crazy amount just to "replace a bulb" that's gone out again 6 months later. Dont trust em. Sounds more like a short.

Why would just one high beam on the same side keep going out? The car is only 3 years old. And does that sound like a fuse problem or a bulb problem? Is it easy to fix?
Old 07-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
Geoff Peace

Drives: Yaris 1.33 litre 2011
When replacing the bulb clean the glass with alcohol and do not touch the glass during fitting. Check the bulb retaining clip, does it hold the bulb securely? so preventing vibration. Clean the terminals of the bulb connector. Check that the earth terminal connection to the body is clean and sound. Check the alternator output, if it is too high it can blow bulbs.

Regards Geoff Peace
Geoff Peace is offline   Reply With Quote