Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-01-2007, 10:52 PM   #19
MELOE321

Drives: Black 07 Yaris HB
Damn... Didn't expect so many comps! Makes me love the car even more. Appreciate it! Ran Kizama, how many inches did you drop your ride? Do you guys that drop it 1"-1.5" have any problems scrapping driveways and speed bumps. My wife has no idea how to drve a dropped car. I drove a 73 Corolla for 7 years that was dropped but I'm worried she might mess up her car. I'd love to close that gap a little. Do these cars have a stock camber adjustment or would I have to but an upgrade?

For those who asked, yes, I bought it from the dealer like this. We had a choice between one that was stock with no upgrades but had pretty much power everything or this one that looked alot better but has no power doorlocks and windows or even power mirrors for a little less. It has AC at least but I think they all do.
MELOE321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:56 PM   #20
MELOE321

Drives: Black 07 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetersRedYaris View Post
Are those 17's? You could get the Tanabe NF210 springs to eliminate that fender gap but maintain a nice ride. That's what I have with my 17's. Anyway, welcome. Love your Tacoma... Oh, and your Yaris.

Yeah 17's. Thanks for the comps! Nice Yaris BTW. We almost got a red one too. They look sweet in red. You have 17's too? You're drop looks perfect. I might have to take advice from people a drop it behind her back.
MELOE321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:18 PM   #21
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MELOE321 View Post
...drop it behind her back.
Do it! Then if she notices, tell her it's normal, modern cars now have suspension that settles down quickly, kinda like pre-shrunk jeans yadda yadda

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:28 PM   #22
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Do it! Then if she notices, tell her it's normal, modern cars now have suspension that settles down quickly, kinda like pre-shrunk jeans yadda yadda

That's exactly what I told my parents when they thought it was lower. LOL it works!!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 11:37 PM   #23
oigres5711
Go yaris GO!

Drives: 2007 white yaris liftback
Send a message via AIM to oigres5711
Quote:
Originally Posted by MELOE321 View Post
Damn... Didn't expect so many comps! Makes me love the car even more. Appreciate it! Ran Kizama, how many inches did you drop your ride? Do you guys that drop it 1"-1.5" have any problems scrapping driveways and speed bumps. My wife has no idea how to drve a dropped car. I drove a 73 Corolla for 7 years that was dropped but I'm worried she might mess up her car. I'd love to close that gap a little. Do these cars have a stock camber adjustment or would I have to but an upgrade?

For those who asked, yes, I bought it from the dealer like this. We had a choice between one that was stock with no upgrades but had pretty much power everything or this one that looked alot better but has no power doorlocks and windows or even power mirrors for a little less. It has AC at least but I think they all do.

I agree with everyone else, it looks really good man! wish they had black back when I was looking for one. I actually called Longo back in October when I got mine and was told all the liftbacks were already pre-ordered through January, so a friend that works at POwer found one for me and still had to wait two weeks to get the thing but I love it. Have fun!
oigres5711 is offline   Reply With Quote