Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-26-2018, 11:08 AM   #1
Brettguy

Drives: 5 spd MT,black ASA iwheels
Unhappy made my first mistake with my 07 hb..

so the past few weeks ive been accumulating parts for my 07 hb, and today i just had the clutch, cv joint and flywheel replaced. the only thing wrong was a torn boot on my left cv joint but i became too ambitious and decided to replaced a whole bunch of other things. long story short i just paid 1000$ in labor today for a new clutch+flywheel that now chirps constantly at idle, and the car does not shift into 1st from neutral as easily as it used to. "if it aint broke dont fix it" i wish i would've kept that in mind

as far as the specifics, i looked online and read that if i have a chirping sound at idle that goes away with some application of grease on the clutch fork and pivot ball? this is uncharted territory for me technically so if anyone can show pictures or links i'd appreciate it, i just want to be able to fix the chirp without dropping the tranny

all this does is motivate me to do more work myself in the future
Brettguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:47 PM   #2
Brettguy

Drives: 5 spd MT,black ASA iwheels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64O6aZjZ524

nevermind this was the fix, and the gears take only slightly more effort to get into than usual which could be the change in gear oil i guess, overall im pretty happy
Brettguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:10 PM   #3
hotracer_05
Hmm, I see...

Drives: 2012 Toyota Tundra and Yaris
That guy sounds like the guy from the clear eyes commercial lol. Great video though!