Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-14-2021, 01:43 PM   #55
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
I'm staying too. Yaris4Life
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 04:31 PM   #56
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
I'm not going anywhere!

Even if I eventually get a new car, which I have no use for, the Yaris is worth more as a project/second car to me than what I'd get for it. Only way it's leaving me is if it gets wrecked. Fingers crossed that never happens.
I'm guessing you'll be here for a while. I forsee more mods to your amazing hatch!

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 04:34 PM   #57
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC-SE View Post
I'm staying too. Yaris4Life
Yay! There's still so much to do and talk about!

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
Old 03-15-2021, 12:05 AM   #58
zoidberg444

Drives: Yaris 06 - 5dr hatchback
Even if I had another car - I would probably keep my Yaris just in case. You never know your fortunes in life and you might need it one day. I got mine when I was making £6.50/hr. She got me through some hard times. I think it would be jinxing myself if I sold it.
Old 03-15-2021, 07:43 AM   #59
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
Worst case scenario I can take the insurance off of it and just let it sit, starting it every once in a while.

It seems to have more value to me than what I would get for it if I sold it. All of the clearcoat is dead, the interior is not in the best shape from me carrying tons of music gear back when I was a more active musicians, and it has 180k on it. I'd be lucky to get 1500 bucks for it where I live.
Old 03-15-2021, 08:40 AM   #60
06YarisRS

I like your thought proceses here gents.

Old 03-17-2021, 08:24 AM   #61
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers (and sisters).....
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:17 AM   #62
Leegamer

Well, I was actually prepping the car for putting it up for sale but I ran into a few random issues and then gas prices started to go up with the pipeline being hacked + summer travel increasing.

For now I'm going to hold onto it. Filling up my truck costs like 50 USD right now and there's a chance I could be returning to the office for work sometime in the next few months.

Random issues I found lately-

There's a leak somewhere on the passenger side, I think it's the door weather stripping but I have not been able to track it down. I found some wet spots and mold in the passenger floorboard and cleaned them up. I checked the plugs under the car and they seem fine.

Also my front speakers just stopped working randomly. I had been having a lot of issues with my head-unit for years, including the CD player thinking a CD was loaded all the time even if one wasn't. I actually noticed the front speakers not working right before I unboxed a replacement OEM headunit. I put in the new HU and now I can listen to CDs but need to spend some time checking connections to figure out why the front speakers gave up on life!

Time has been limited lately as we're redoing a barn at the back of our property, but should be finishing that up soon then I can move some of the junk from my garage back to the barn and finally start working on cars again!
Old 05-17-2021, 11:36 AM   #63
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Noice that you're keeping it. Bummer about the leak and speakers/head unit. I have an OEM CD/MP3 unit in my closet that I'll never use again and would be willing to part with for very cheap, if interested. I can totally understand taking the opportunity to replace it with something better, though.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:39 PM   #64
Leegamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Noice that you're keeping it. Bummer about the leak and speakers/head unit. I have an OEM CD/MP3 unit in my closet that I'll never use again and would be willing to part with for very cheap, if interested. I can totally understand taking the opportunity to replace it with something better, though.
Thanks man! I actually put in another OEM unit that works fine, so must be something going on with the speaker connections. From what I've seen the front speakers aren't on a separate fuse or anything. Just seems weird that both would go out at the same time. I know I can get some oem-ish speakers from walmart for like 30-35 dollars so I'll do that worst case.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:50 PM   #65
mitch9521
Gen 3 > Gen 2

Drives: NCP131, F-150
$50USD to fill? Must be nice, at $1.30/L its about $125CAD to fill my F150 from dead empty. Glad its not a daily driver and only gets filled once a month at most with this whole pandemic stuff.

mitch9521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:51 AM   #66
Leegamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch9521 View Post
$50USD to fill? Must be nice, at $1.30/L its about $125CAD to fill my F150 from dead empty. Glad its not a daily driver and only gets filled once a month at most with this whole pandemic stuff.
That is insane. If gas ever gets that high here I might just go buy a 90s ford festiva or something.
Old 07-02-2021, 10:07 AM   #67
Leegamer

Well, I added my daughter to our insurance and my wife's car and my truck both need new tires. Decided to go ahead and put the Yaris up on marketplace and see if there was any interest.

There was a lot of interest and I ended up selling it yesterday less than 12 hours after I listed it. I will miss the car and I would certainly consider getting another one in the future to do the 2ZR swap, but now I am going to focus on getting my Z31 back on the road and maintaining the other cars in the fleet.

I'll still be around here, though...mostly to keep up with the big projects going on and helping to answer any maintenance questions if I can.

Cheers yaris fam!
Old 07-11-2021, 06:47 AM   #68
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
Good luck, Lee.
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:38 AM   #69
brownnick

Drives: Luna
Same same but different

My sister has exactly the same car.. even the color!

Last edited by brownnick; 10-05-2021 at 06:11 AM.
brownnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 01:43 PM   #70
Leegamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownnick View Post
My sister has exactly the same car.. even the color!
Hopefully she enjoys it!