Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-17-2007, 08:51 AM   #19
Ferret_san
Hack.... What hack ??

Drives: 07 YR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogey mo View Post
hahahah atta boy!! why u so bend on curtain airbags? ive always found that funny, purchasing an airbag package...knock on wood should it ever deploy but... ur driving skill should prevent you from requiring such devices.
You've forgotten about the rest of the idiots on the road with you...
Or the rain/snow/glare/biblical flood that caused you to loose sight of the road.
Or...Or...Or....
Ferret_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:03 AM   #20
IanCFitz
Hells Yeah!

Drives: Nautical Blue Yaris S Sedan
Send a message via AIM to IanCFitz
Shit I can't even configure am 08 Liftback S in my zipcode yet. Same thing happened when I was trying to get my S sedan, the dealer had to trade with another dealer out of state to get the Nautical Blue S sedan.

Toyota just doesn't care about us hillbillys, which seems pretty ironic seeing how there's a Toyota engine factory here in WV.

Last edited by IanCFitz; 09-17-2007 at 01:33 PM.
IanCFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:34 AM   #21
bogey mo

Drives: yaris
Send a message via MSN to bogey mo
Quote:
You've forgotten about the rest of the idiots on the road with you...
Or the rain/snow/glare/biblical flood that caused you to loose sight of the road.
Or...Or...Or....
fair enuff..but i bet uve never had ur airbags deploy right???
bogey mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:32 PM   #22
Neotribal

Drives: '07 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
So on the Toyota website they list that the Yaris Liftback S comes with a tach O_O. Finally. Now I can swap one into my 07 liftback ;)
Neotribal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:42 PM   #23
oilman930

Drives: 2009 Yaris S Hatchback
I was informed by a new Jersey Toyota dealership that the zone that includes Connecticut, New York and New Jersey will not receive any Toyota Yaris S hatchbacks for the entire model year. I was also told if the model of Toyota that you want is not on the Toyota web site by now, then it won't be available in your zip code.

It's looking now like I will have to order a car from a dealership in South Carolina to get the options that I want. Not a bad road trip from Pennsylvania.
oilman930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:13 PM   #24
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Drives: Black Sand Pearl L/B 'o7
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninorc View Post
Well,

I for one am going to see about getting the "Body Side Molding" for my LB as the body hasn't changed so it should fit my 07
Let us all know what you find out on the 'o8 sidebody molding as I want that fer my H/B also ....

By the way,, nice color on yer hatch back !

have posted the pix on the BLACK thread ?
2007 2 door hatchback in Black Sand Pearl, A/T,rear spoiler,front & rear JDM badges,TRD CAI,TRD rear sway bar,exhaust tip,sill protectors,heximats,under dash blue LED's,short rubber ant,rear bumper protector,Toyota thin 7 spoke alloy wheels,pwr pkg,ABS,side curtain airbags,rear defogger,fog lights,mud guards,TYC tail lights,shift knob,tint all windows,security sys,keyless entry,clear paint protection all exposed front surfaces,TRD fuel cap,rubber dash & g/b mats
black2yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:21 PM   #25
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Drives: Black Sand Pearl L/B 'o7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF-Shane View Post
So does anyone here know how that whole special order thing works? What I keep hearing from the dealer is once they get their allotment they're done, and that's that. Most cars are spoken for before they ever hit port, in fact I have yet to find a local dealer with so much as 1 liftback Yaris on the lot. I'd like to special order my car when the money comes around, but I'm seeing some bad signs. That, and if I want to special order a MT LB S, am I hosed since I'm in a zone that appearantly doesn't get them?
the H/B's are a Hot Item right now ! And No dealer in their right mind is gonna trade one away that has any of the popular colors / options , I see the Dealers marking them up soon , when they get a loaded black , blazin' blue or red H/B in the allotment it's cash in the bank .....
2007 2 door hatchback in Black Sand Pearl, A/T,rear spoiler,front & rear JDM badges,TRD CAI,TRD rear sway bar,exhaust tip,sill protectors,heximats,under dash blue LED's,short rubber ant,rear bumper protector,Toyota thin 7 spoke alloy wheels,pwr pkg,ABS,side curtain airbags,rear defogger,fog lights,mud guards,TYC tail lights,shift knob,tint all windows,security sys,keyless entry,clear paint protection all exposed front surfaces,TRD fuel cap,rubber dash & g/b mats
black2yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:33 PM   #26
bogey mo

its true they move super quick!!
Old 09-24-2007, 07:22 AM   #27
Jailbird

Drives: '07 "S" Sedan, '08 "S" LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF-Shane View Post
So does anyone here know how that whole special order thing works? What I keep hearing from the dealer is once they get their allotment they're done, and that's that. Most cars are spoken for before they ever hit port, in fact I have yet to find a local dealer with so much as 1 liftback Yaris on the lot. I'd like to special order my car when the money comes around, but I'm seeing some bad signs. That, and if I want to special order a MT LB S, am I hosed since I'm in a zone that appearantly doesn't get them?
When I ordered my S LB, I ordered options that wre not offered in my region. I believe any dealer can order you a car with whatever options you want. If the dealer says he can't, it's because he doesn't want to. From what I was told, a salesman doesn't "get credit", i.e. comission, from a car sale until the car is delivered. I have to wait 12 weeks to get my Yaris, thats 3 months the salesman has to wait to get his cut. He didn't seem too upset, but this was also at one of the largest Toyota dealers in the midwest, so cars are going out of there constantly. My advice is to call dealer after dealer until you find one that will order you a car.

-Brian
Old 09-24-2007, 09:40 AM   #28
mikeb25

Drives: Liftback S soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailbird View Post
When I ordered my S LB, I ordered options that wre not offered in my region. I believe any dealer can order you a car with whatever options you want. If the dealer says he can't, it's because he doesn't want to. From what I was told, a salesman doesn't "get credit", i.e. comission, from a car sale until the car is delivered. I have to wait 12 weeks to get my Yaris, thats 3 months the salesman has to wait to get his cut. He didn't seem too upset, but this was also at one of the largest Toyota dealers in the midwest, so cars are going out of there constantly. My advice is to call dealer after dealer until you find one that will order you a car.

-Brian
What did you get for options? Have you got your build sheet yet?
I ordered one a few weeks ago but it has not been "confirmed" yet by Toyota...
mikeb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:57 AM   #29
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
You know what pisses me off about the "Build your own Yaris" site. They show the Yaris with the wheels I've been trying to get, but they are not available in any way. Not by packages, or accessories! That is false advertising. Like showing you an option thay you can't get no matter what! I want those stubby 5 spoke whhels!!! All they offer are the steel wheels or the ugly TRD wheels. WTF?!
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:56 PM   #30
Jailbird

Drives: '07 "S" Sedan, '08 "S" LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb25 View Post
What did you get for options? Have you got your build sheet yet?
I ordered one a few weeks ago but it has not been "confirmed" yet by Toyota...
I got an '08 S LB 5-speed with All weather package, Power package with steel wheels, Side air'bags, floor mats, and a bumper guard (the little pad on thp of the rear bumper so it doesn't get scratched up. The dealer also charged me $500 for the TRD 18's with tires. My build was "confirmed" about a week after I ordered it.

nsmitchell, Are you talking about the alloys that come in the S package? The 2 S package codes, I believe, are PV and PY, I can't remember what one has the steelies and what one has the alloys.

The Toyota website is geared to "car stupid" people. Believe me, I'm not calling anyone here stupid by any means. All I'm saying is don't believe everything the website tells you. Any car with any available options can be had by you regardless of what region you are in. If the dealer tells you he can't get it, he doesn't care about your business. Go to another dealer! It will take time so don't be exspecting to drive away that "perfect" car in a few days.
-Brian
Old 09-26-2007, 02:22 AM   #31
bogey mo

it took 3 weeks to secure mine but I had a good friend and dealer pick mine up. MMMM BLACK IS NICE!
Old 09-29-2007, 01:49 AM   #32
woof

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatch/Black
The "S" LB doesn't come up for my zip code. But, about all you get is a tach and cruise control. Same engine and suspension so it's really much ado about nothing. In my district you can't get the stock Toyota alloys. All wheel upgrades are the spokey looking things the regional importer puts on at a higher price. What a rip.

I just want a 1.8L RS next year......puhleeze.
woof is offline   Reply With Quote