Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-31-2021, 12:22 PM   #1
Lwb

Drives: 2011 yaris hatchback
heat problem

The blower fan works and the air can be felt coming out of the different positions the selector switch is in. But after a while of driving, no air can be felt coming out of defroster, vent or floor. And the blower fan can be heard running.
Lwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 04:34 PM   #2
ex-x-fire

Drives: 2010 yaris 3 door hatch
Remove the glove box and see if something fell into the blend door mechanism.
ex-x-fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:31 AM   #3
Lwb

Thank you for your reply. I removed the glove box and cabin air filter. There was anything out of the ordinary.

It seems to change to different positions while I drive for a long distance. For example, I was driving into work the other day, which is a 90 minute commute. The selector switch was on vent. About half way on my journey, I noticed that air wasn't flowing out of the vent any more, When I parked my vehicle, I moved the selector knob to different positions, defrost, floor and back to vent. I couldn't feel air coming out of any of the different positions but I could hear the blower motor running. Turn off the engine. Later that day after work, as I was leaving the parking lot, I noticed air coming out of the vent. Again, about half way through my drive, I noticed that the air wasn't coming out the vent.
Old 02-03-2021, 01:59 PM   #4
stykerdk
Yaris Hybrid Limited 2015

Drives: yaris Hybrid limited 2015
Do you have AC on, because if it has a faulty temperature sensor it could cause the AC element to freeze completely and then the air cant go through.
The AC should turn off automaticly at about 4celcius degree
Old 02-04-2021, 03:43 PM   #5
Lwb

The AC isn't running, just the heat. But the is strange. After my last post, I removed the cabin filter and left the filter out to see is anything changed. I did replaced the cover that holds the filter in but didn't replace the glove box. The selector switch that turns between fresh /recirculate air, I turned to circulate cabin air. I inspected the filter by holding it up to a light to see if it was dirty, which it wasn't to me. For last couple of times I have driven the vehicle, the air has came out the defrost, vent and floor positions without stopping. I'm going to replace the filter only next day off. To see if anything changes.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:29 AM   #6
Lwb

I replaced the cabin air filter. And the heated air continues to exit the selected outlet as the selector switch is set to. But I suspect that the HVAC air inlet door actuator maybe the part to replace if/when it goes bad.