Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-27-2007, 01:32 PM   #1
JCMoon
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris
Need help with installing head unit Pioneer AVH-P6850DVD

I just bought a new head unit Pioneer AVH-P6850, and I have a Taiwan version Yaris 5D.
I see on the manual there's a Orange/white wire need to be connected to the lighting switch terminal, but I don't see it on the stock audio wire harness.

One more question,
Light green wire, "Used to detect the ON/OFF status of the parking brake.
This lead must be connected to the power supply side of the parking brake switch"

If I want to watch dvd while driving, where should I connect this wire to? or just leave it?

I'm new to this, any help appreciated.
JCMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:27 AM   #2
duck

Drives: 2007 Silver Sedan
the wiring harness you bought should have instructions for what each wire does.
the pioneer you bought should have instructions for what each wire does.
match them up.

also, to bypass the safety ground so you can watch dvd's while driving (smart idea), just connect it to any other ground wire (cigarette lighter, another ground on the wiring harness, the floor, etc). Just make sure you don't make the ground wire too long. It will then always think it's grounded.
It may vary, but I believe this switch will need a constant -/ground signal for you to watch dvd's.
Double check that in case I'm wrong and it needs constant power. I haven't tried installing one of these in a few weeks.
duck is offline   Reply With Quote