Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-28-2019, 09:18 AM   #1
400 dollar yaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan
regular synthetic vs high mileage leak

Hello all,

I noticed something strange after my last oil change.

So my yaris has been having a small oil drip for about a year now. I have been using pennzoil platinum high mileage for the past 20000 miles from regular pennzoil platinum. I've had to check between oil changes and add a little bit every once in a while. Recently I went to walmart to get my 5 qt jug of high mileage, but they were all out, so I opted for the regular pennzoil platinum. To my amazement, I have been running this oil for over 1000 miles now and havent leaked a drop since the change. I change filter every time. I have read about once you go high mileage you dont go back... due to seals being conditioned by something else in the oil which could potentially cause leaks when going back to regular synthetic from high mileage, but I have never seen it the other way around. Anyone else experince this?

Thank you,
400 dollar yaris is offline   Reply With Quote