Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Willing to Buy by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-11-2020, 11:15 AM   #1
thamasha69

Drives: 4Runner
Supercharger

Hi guys, I joined this forum in 2009 hoping to build a Yaris, and ending up spending the last 11 years adulting. I am now close to a spot to potentially pick up another project (last one was a turbo EK Civic in 2006).

I know its a long shot, but figured I'd cast a line and maybe something will come up in the next year or two - looking for a complete Blitz kit (or interested potentially in anything really). I know a Power Enterprise kit exchanged hands once too. Thank you much.
thamasha69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 07:11 AM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Having run the Blitz on my 1.5 and currently owning a 2ZR swap (two, in fact!) I can honestly say that the "cool" factor of the supercharger and the heads that it turns is completely blown away by the comparable--and way more reliable--power of the 1.8L. The risk with a Blitz kit is that you can't get spares from the manufacturer and you're basically on your own for support/troubleshooting. The 2ZR is now becoming widely available at junk yards and spares can be bought at local parts stores. The swap is well documented and easily doable for a weekend warrior mechanic.

Good on you for adulting though!
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 02:57 AM   #3
thamasha69

Drives: 4Runner
I will certainly look into the 2ZR swap some more. It was not something I initially considered, thinking it may be more than I want to take on. Though your feedback regarding the Blitz kits certainly aligns with my own fears. I have been scouring the forum trying to save any potential diagrams/ecu pinouts or anything that may assist with the installation of a Blitz kit and am a bit concerned about being stuck with an issue/malfunction with no support. Do you know mileage wise how long they are good for?
thamasha69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 08:27 PM   #4
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
I bought mine used, no idea how many miles. Ran it for 3 years driving 200+ miles/wk until I got tired of it eating accessory belts and alternators, maybe another 30k miles?

I still have my kit, plus a "for parts" one from a crashed xB, minus a few components. It's been a bit of a scavenger hunt trying to find more parts for a future build, I'm not hopeful that I will be able to rebuild the one from the crash because it's basically a sealed unit.

Take a few hours and read through the 2ZR build threads and see if the tools and parts are doable for you.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote