Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2007, 01:41 PM   #1
Meldav86

Drives: 2007 Blzng Blue Yaris Liftback
HELP!!! I went back to the service center yesterday for the 7th time in 2 months!

Hello everyone. I am going to try to make a really long story short.

I purchased my 2007 hatch blazing blue yaris on october 19th. It has EVERYTHING on it, including the trd 18inch rims. I waited 4 months for the dealer to find my car (i wanted a manual so it took a while) and finally it came. So i went down the dealer purchased my vehicle and was happy as could be. Then i was told that my front tire on the drivers side blew out from the drive from portland to seattle (where i live). I was a little bummed because i had to wait till the next day for a new tire (the tires were pireli tires) but i was happy to have my new car. So i went back got the new tired and i was off. Not a week later i was driving on the freeway and hear a weird sound. I pulled off and noticed the tire on the front drivers side was flat. I got the donut put on and went back to the dealer. They told me that the bead wasnt sealed and that they resealed it and i was off. One week later it was flat again. I took it back. They told me that there was some rubber on the inside of the tired causing it not to seal so they shaved it off. I was sent off again, this time with a lb meter to check on it. I checked ever couple days and it was losing air. I took it back. They then ordered me a new rim. One week later my tire was at 25lbs again (supposed to be at 40). I took it back. They ordered me a new tire. One week later at 25 again. NOW im pissed at this point. No one can seem to tell me what the hell is going on. So they had some kind of meeting with their managers and found someone in illinois or something that had the same problem as me with the pireli, so they ordered me 4 new yokohama tires (ill get the model later if needed). I got the new tires on, was given 100 dollars and 4 free ioil changes for my trouble and i was off. NOW here it comes . . . . so its been 2 weeks since i got the new tires and BAM i go out to my car from work and notice the front is looking low (i had been checking it but it was fluctuating from 42 to 40 to 38 and i was told that was just the cold weather pressure) i checked it, and its at 25. So i call very angry asking when are they going to get me a new car because obviously something is wrong with the front wheel area. No other tires go flat, and even if you put a different tire in the front driver side that tire will go flat, they tried that as well. I am so lost at this point. I have complained, called their human relations everything i just dont know what to do. Im not mad at the service team i mean they have never seen this before and are trying to figure out whats going on but how many times does my tire have to go flat before they do SOMETHING?? they even questioned me if someone was playing tricks on me! I honestly think that the guys who drove my car from portland hit something, or threw something off i dont know . . . its not the tires or the rims there is something wrong with the front wheel area of my car, thats what i think, but i dont have any experience in cars so i dont know. So i have my car back today they said they cant find any leaks and to check it every day and if its losing air to bring it back and that they are calling their corporate office and having a phone meeting to see what options they have. I never thought this would be my first brand new car buying experience. Any ideas, input, similar stories would really help me, im completely lost at this point. Thank you.

Melanie
Meldav86 is offline   Reply With Quote