Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-27-2020, 12:39 AM   #1
conblurgh

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Fixed vent tension cable, stereo controls stopped working

Like the title says, vent selector cable came loose. Popped the panels off, put the cable back in place, hey I can select my vents again.

Now, the stereo panel no longer lights up, and none of the controls are responding. Stereo is getting power, because it's playing a CD that's been in there for ... no idea how long. Eject button doesn't seem to be working, so I guess that CD is just playing now. Volume controls aren't working either.

So, guess I botched something?
conblurgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 12:59 PM   #2
conblurgh

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Never mind, I solved it. Metal frame around the CD player was slightly bent, so the connector wasn't making full contact. Everything is working fine again, except the volume. That's been finicky for a while though, probably just the last straw was jostling it around. Anyone know of a decently priced touch screen and facia combo for a 2009 Yaris sedan?
conblurgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:42 PM   #3
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Nice job getting it fixed. On one of my Yaris's, I couldn't turn the knob all the way to defrost. Then, suddenly, for no apparent reason, I could. It was still 'fixed' when I sold the car.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote