Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-07-2020, 12:14 PM   #1
samuelcarreira

Drives: Yaris
Rear backup camera and Parking sensors install pictures

Details:
  • I want to have a super discrete install, so I bought a small camera and a flush mount rear ultrasonic sensors
  • All from Aliexpress. The camera didn't have any IR light so you need to have a good reverse light if you are in a completely dark place.
  • I've installed the buzzer (because I have the camera I don't need the display to show the distance), the buzzer was concealed on the back rear light
  • The quality of the ultrasonic sensors aren't that great, they are slow so respond. The cheaper version (with bigger hole and not flush install are much better)
  • I've installed a fuse to protect the reverse light circuit
  • The video cable goes from the back to the front console, on the drivers side

REQUEST
PS: I would like to flush the cooling liquid. Anyone can send me the Yaris XP 10 (1999-2002)?
I only have this incomplete manual for the Echo model
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back.jpg (86.4 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg cable (2).jpg (138.0 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg cable.jpg (90.4 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg connect fuse.jpg (142.0 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg connectors.jpg (116.0 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg final.jpg (79.7 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg hole1.jpg (72.6 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg hole2.jpg (75.1 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg hole3.jpg (69.0 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (100.0 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg no rear bumber.jpg (110.3 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg sensor.jpg (145.7 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg solder.jpg (76.9 KB, 144 views)
samuelcarreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 08:39 PM   #2
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
What an awesome upgrade! I have a similar head unit. Do you have any concerns about the hot glue softening up in hot weather? I think I'd be inclined to use a 2-part epoxy.

I've been looking at backup cameras too. I'll likely grab one of the 'factory fit' ones that replaces the license plate light unit as a whole. Does the ultrasonic sensor system interface with the head unit, or are they separate?

Again, great upgrades!

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:48 AM   #3
samuelcarreira

Drives: Yaris
The hot glue is better than the epoxy on the plastic. Also it’s a fail safe, not the main adhesive method. My cheap system doesn’t support any kind of ultrasonic hardware. Doesn’t have any input or output interface. Maybe the costly ones have it
samuelcarreira is offline   Reply With Quote