Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-11-2015, 09:32 AM   #1
Ruud

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Remote Fob and Stereo Stopped Working after Fuse Change

Guys..

I need help. I have a Toyota Yaris 2006 Model (well it’s the Mrs). I have had an issue with the cigarette lighter stopped working.. So after reading these forums I finally located the fuse location for the CIG Lighter thanks to you all. So the Cigarette lighter is now working which is great… however the remote fob is not working so I have to manually unlock/lock the car with the key and also the radio has no power as well as the internal door light which usually comes on when you open the door.

Just to explain this is what I did.. I opened the bonnet and located the fuse box, looked at the diagram and took a spare 15A fuse out (Blue). I did not touch any other fuses. I then located the internal fuse box behind the glove compartment and took out the CIG 15A fuse (which was blown) and replaced it with the spare fuse. Put everything back together chuffed with myself and walked away.. Trying to lock the car with the remote.. Not working..

I have checked all fuses and they appear to be fine.. I need help. The Mrs thinks I have messed it up.. I need help advice guys.

Thanks in advance.
Ruud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:24 AM   #2
thetut

Drives: 2007 4dr sedan
Try putting the "spare" back where you took it from and see what happens.
thetut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:59 AM   #3
Ruud

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetut View Post
That did occur to me but did not try it as I assumed the spare slots have no connectors on it so it would be irrelevant. But thanks will give it a go when I get a chance.

Thanks
Old 03-11-2015, 06:26 PM   #4
Ruud

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetut View Post
Hi,

I am such an Idiot!
Since you advised to put the spare back in .. I went to the fuse box under the hood, And I was trying to put the 'spare' back in the 'spare' slot.. I couldnt find and empty spare slot... Like a tool, I just realised I took out the 15A blue fuse from the 'DOME' slot.. and the 'spare' is still in its same slot.. D'oh !

Anyway I have put a 15A fuse back in the 'DOME' slot and now my remote and internal lights are working.. However ... The stereo is still powerless.. any ideas on how to get that back working?.. I am assuming due to the DOME fuse being out for so long its effected the Radio somehow?..

Help please.

Thanks in advance again..
Old 03-11-2015, 06:58 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The DOME being out shouldn't have affected the radio working once it was replaced. Check the ACC fuse to see if it blew when the CIG blew.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:07 PM   #6
Ruud

Hey,

Thanks I will check that as soon as I can.

Thanks again.. Will let you know what happens.

Cheers
Old 03-12-2015, 07:15 PM   #7
Ruud

Sorted!

It seems like I may have pulled the ACC fuse out and accidently put it in a different slot.. Anyway the Dome Fuse was pulled out to put in the CIG fuse thinking it was a spare..

CIG fuse now has a 15A Fuse, Dome Fuse has its 15A fuse and the ACC fuse has its 7.5A Fuse..

Radio, Cig Lighter, Internal lights all Working now!

Thanks to all for the input!

Happy!

Tags
fuses, remote control, stereo, yaris, yaris 2006