Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-18-2006, 09:42 PM   #1
YarisBlazer

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Is it hard to order a custom one?

HI, everyone; new to this forum; I don't have a Yaris yet but am planning on purchasing one in the next several months; I want the 2007 Yaris Liftback with no power options, just radio and fog lamp; when I try to build one like this on the Toyota web site the only available cars it gives me either have the power option (too expensive) or the wrong color; is it hard to custom order the one you want? I went to a local Toyota dealer and the salesperson was clueless on the Yaris--only three on lot and all sold so no test drive ! so this weekend I'm going to the largest Toyota dealership in Tampa Fl to test drive; also can you get a sunroof/moonroof on the Liftback 3-door USA version ? Thanks; nice site
YarisBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:47 PM   #2
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
Yes, it's hard. Take what you can get.
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:50 PM   #3
YarisBlazer

Whis is it hard?

Why is it hard? I'm willing to wait for the car I want to get off the boat from Japan.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:57 PM   #4
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Because everyone and their grandmother wants one. It would appear that Toyota isn't really going to custom route at this point (it's a $10,000 econobox, not a $100,000 Ferrari) so you basically have to wait until the stars align and the combo you want magically appears.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:58 PM   #5
YarisBlazer

My local dealer told me I could order and it would be about 90 days; another lie ????
Old 07-18-2006, 09:59 PM   #6
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Quite possibly.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:33 PM   #7
TrancosRt

Drives: 07 Silver HB Yaris
Well, my dealer initally told me a 3-6 weeks wait. Then 3 months, which should be due in the first August days. Apparently there is no other way than ordering the car, specially in FL.
BTW as far as I know there is no moonroof/sunroof option for the US Yaris.
TrancosRt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:44 PM   #8
Hyde

Drives: M3,CayenneS,SL500,550i,GT3RS
yes
u can order it
mine is a special order with the combo i want.
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:27 AM   #9
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
There have been A LOT of problems with ordering what you want from Toyota. for awhile, they wouldn't even put in an order for a Liftback - Manual Transmission - Power package..now I've heard that they will, but it may be 2-3 months. There is no moonroof/sunroof available for the Yaris Liftback (maybe the Sedan, i don't know much about the different packages it has, but i'm pretty sure they're just not available at all).

Toyota has dropped the ball for its loyal fans that had to deal with their b.s. I went from a Lexus to a Toyota, and I may not ever purchase Toyota again after this headache.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:40 AM   #10
YarisBlazer

Thanks for Info !

Thanks for all the info !
Old 07-19-2006, 08:41 AM   #11
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureyarisowner
Why is it hard? I'm willing to wait for the car I want to get off the boat from Japan.
Do a search. You will find lots of sob stories of waiting and disapointment.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:57 AM   #12
tds12
This is my other ride.

Drives: Wht, M, Power 2007 yaris HB
15 weeks so far

I've been waiting 15 weeks for my:
Manual
Power Package
Keyless entry

Yaris so far. It is not even been built yet.
tds12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:34 PM   #13
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
It all depends on what coast you are on. Since these cars are coming from Japan you will have a much easier time finding one with all the goodies you've requested if you are on the west coast. It takes weeks for them to filter through the United States, and the numbers dwindle the further east you get. Once you get past the Mississippi, you'll be lucky to find a dealership with more than one on the lot. I'm in Ohio and I wanted a black liftback with power everything, but had to settle for a bare stock car in Meteorite. We are family friends with Don Joseph who has his own Toyota dealership and he told me I could take the first one he got on the lot or wait up to 6 months for the one I wanted. I'm more for instant gratification. Bottom line is if you want a liftback, you're going to have a hard time finding one with any kind of extras. If you want power everything and a sunroof, get the sedan.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:25 PM   #14
Chaad32

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I got lucky and got one that somebody cancled their order on but it was still on the way so they sold it to me. Got it in 1 week after I signed the paperwork. I had to wait 2 weeks while I bugged every Toyota dealership to put me on their call list for cancled orders to got it though. So it was 3 weeks alltoghther.
Floor mats, Weathertech vent visors
Chaad32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:00 PM   #15
Dylanby

Drives: RS 5-DR
In Canada: placed an order for exactly what I wanted. Got the VIN a week later. Picked up the car 24 days after that. I was told it was built & shipped after I placed the order.

I think 2006 is going to be a tough year for Yaris liftbacks in the US. 2007 should be much better.
Dylanby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:20 AM   #16
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanby
In Canada: placed an order for exactly what I wanted. Got the VIN a week later. Picked up the car 24 days after that. I was told it was built & shipped after I placed the order.

I think 2006 is going to be a tough year for Yaris liftbacks in the US. 2007 should be much better.

I hope. This was my hope when i bought my Meteorite Metallic, rationalizing my behavior with " oh well, i can just give it to my sister (i'm 26, she's 38) if her car gets repo'ed..then i can get another Liftback with power package in a few months when they will be more prevalent" ..but that still hasn't happened and i've now got a black sand pearl liftback with the same darn convenience package her dodge neon got repoed last week It's funny that I've gotten good at predicting disasters-in-the-making for her..but that's the true definition of family.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:59 PM   #17
Chaad32

Drives: 2007 Liftback
WOW...if your sister wants the liftback in Blazing Blue I'll let her have mine and I'll order a power package one too....
Floor mats, Weathertech vent visors
Chaad32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 10:05 AM   #18
Buckethead

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
It might be just from what the guy said. Luckily, the one I wanted was right on the lot. They might give you some crap that Toyota isn't making as many anymore, so they can't special order one.
Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote