Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-03-2008, 01:19 AM   #19
Crandall
H8R

Drives: 08 White RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEHxFALLEN V1.2 View Post
Since so many kids jumped on the bandwagon (including myself ) of modifying their car seat(s), *California only allows you to use an aftermarket seat and harness in conjuction with the original seatbelt.* This had happened because many drivers had injured themselves in the event of an accident, which was caused by misuse of the harness. So, I'll be wearing my seatbelt... and my harness (once the harness bar is produced, that is!)
Fair enough. At the point it almost seems like a better idea to get one that has the ability to recline and just leave it in the upright position. At least in that situation the sides aren't as high and you're not restricted to the slots.

Still though good on you for doing it
Old 12-03-2008, 01:21 AM   #20
Crandall
H8R

Drives: 08 White RS
PS. Good to see you got for a good quality seat. I see people with cheap-o seats and laugh to myself. Get into an accident in one of those and guaranteed they're going to snap at the hinges.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:25 AM   #21
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Drives: '08 Lexus IS-F
Send a message via AIM to TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
want to sell me your front two leather seat covers? ;)
Heck no!! It's mine I tell you, mine!! Pwahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crandall View Post
Fair enough. At the point it almost seems like a better idea to get one that has the ability to recline and just leave it in the upright position. At least in that situation the sides aren't as high and you're not restricted to the slots.

Still though good on you for doing it

Well when I was first looking at reclinable seats, I didn't find any that fit my budget. Then I realized that after getting a harness bar, there wouldn't be a need for rear seats as I rarely do have any. On top of that, the harness bar would limit the use of the ability to recline anways, maybe a good 20 degrees or so, but like I said, I always sit upright! So I did some research, and found these to be the perfect canidate! I'm very happy with this seat!

If ever you upgrade your seats, which ones would you get?

Sponsored by: Micro Image
http://microimageonline.com
TEHxFALLEN V1.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:30 AM   #22
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crandall View Post
PS. Good to see you got for a good quality seat. I see people with cheap-o seats and laugh to myself. Get into an accident in one of those and guaranteed they're going to snap at the hinges.
Why even bother? Spend all that money for a false sense of security? I'd rather not!

Old 12-03-2008, 01:48 AM   #23
Gideon
★weeaboo★

Drives: 2008 Bayou LB
Looks great! Where'd you get the seat at that price?

Have to say though, you are one of the most straight arrowed driver on the road when it comes to state laws!
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:57 AM   #24
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Thanks! Sparcousa.com, which is the official Sparco site for USA

Let's just say that I don't like tickets lol. Only 2 tickets in my life.. one for having a tail-light out, and one for passing the line at an intersection.. (stupid camera got me, I backed up off the line, but I still got the ticket in the mail. Come to think of it, I should have fought it. You couldn't tell that it was me who was driving, it was raining, and it was dark!)

Old 12-03-2008, 01:59 AM   #25
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
wow. ticket for going past the line. that is ridiculous.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:01 AM   #26
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

They marked it off as, "Failure to stop at an intersection." I did stop, I just stopped past the line.. I should have fought that stupid ticket ): $381 down the drain..

Old 12-03-2008, 02:05 AM   #27
Gideon
★weeaboo★

Quote:
Thanks! Sparcousa.com, which is the official Sparco site for USA

Let's just say that I don't like tickets lol. Only 2 tickets in my life.. one for having a tail-light out, and one for passing the line at an intersection.. (stupid camera got me, I backed up off the line, but I still got the ticket in the mail. Come to think of it, I should have fought it. You couldn't tell that it was me who was driving, it was raining, and it was dark!)
Oh duh, I thought you had a Sparco Rev 5 in there for some reason so I was like on the price. Haha.

So what made you decide on the Speed series seat instead of the Steel reclining seat? (Looking at cheap seats now for myself, heh.)

Also, why are you going the rollbar attachment for the harness instead of the 4-door way to the rear seats? (If there's any other reason other than carrying passengers, heh.)

I've got two speeding tickets so far, along with one fixit ticket, but having a friend in the CHP helps getting those taken care of quickly. Speeding tickets.... not so much. Name dropping an officer seems to just anger them.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:13 AM   #28
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
Oh duh, I thought you had a Sparco Rev 5 in there for some reason so I was like on the price. Haha.

So what made you decide on the Speed series seat instead of the Steel reclining seat? (Looking at cheap seats now for myself, heh.)

Also, why are you going the rollbar attachment for the harness instead of the 4-door way to the rear seats? (If there's any other reason other than carrying passengers, heh.)

I've got two speeding tickets so far, along with one fixit ticket, but having a friend in the CHP helps getting those taken care of quickly. Speeding tickets.... not so much. Name dropping an officer seems to just anger them.
I quickly looked past the Steel series, heard of resellers speaking of unhappy customers.

When TurboYaris starts producing the harness bar specifically designed for our car, I'll be purchasing one from him!

You shouldn't be speeding then! I'm just scared of cops.. I plan on being one lol.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:16 AM   #29
Gideon
★weeaboo★

Quote:
I quickly looked past the Steel series, heard of resellers speaking of unhappy customers.

When TurboYaris starts producing the harness bar specifically designed for our car, I'll be purchasing one from him!

You shouldn't be speeding then! I'm just scared of cops.. I plan on being one lol.
Oh okay, sounded too good to be true anyways. (Not that I recline my seat at all when I drive, if anything I lean forwards sometimes.)

Both tickets were when I had my 850Ci. None so far with my Yaris! That's why I bought it though. (And now I want to make it just a smidge faster, haha)
Old 12-03-2008, 02:16 AM   #30
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Hey Gideon, if you're looking for affordable, quality seats w/brackets (no sliders, but they bolt right in!) maybe you should come down and check out Cali Yaris' Momo seats. Here they are here:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9771

Last edited by TEHxFALLEN V1.2; 12-03-2008 at 02:27 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:22 AM   #31
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Good thing you got the Yaris!

Old 12-03-2008, 11:25 AM   #32
marlondog
Shut your fricken suck!!!

Drives: 07' liftback
Are you sitting higher,lower, or the same?
marlondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #33
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Sitting at the same height

Old 12-04-2008, 12:35 AM   #34
jkuchta

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatch (red)
Very nice perch bro!
jkuchta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:37 AM   #35
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Thanks, John!

Old 12-04-2008, 09:02 PM   #36
Prohibit
Verbieten Sie

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Prohibit Send a message via MSN to Prohibit Send a message via Yahoo to Prohibit
Sweet.

Hatchback Purist? Be sure to drop in and register. New forum with a great clean design and potential.
Prohibit is offline   Reply With Quote