Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2007, 10:26 PM   #1
tmyers82
 
Drives: Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 68
Strut tower bar

Does anyone know if a Scion XA bar will fit the Yaris. I tried to ask the guy in the parts department at the dealership and he looked at me like I was an alien.
tmyers82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:18 PM   #2
Yaris TTE JWRC
 
Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Surf City HBC ,CA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmyers82 View Post
Does anyone know if a Scion XA bar will fit the Yaris. I tried to ask the guy in the parts department at the dealership and he looked at me like I was an alien.
NO, NOTHING FOR FOR THE SCION XA, XB WILL FIT THE YARIS, YARIS IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CAR, THE REASON I KNOW BECAUSE I BOUGHT MOST OF PARTS DESGINED FOR THE SCIONS FOR MY ECHO, AND NOW I HAVE A YARIS, SO I KNOW THAT YARIS IS A TOTTALY DIFFERENT CAR, AND NOTHING FOR THE SCIONS WILL FIT THE YARIS, NOTHING!!! PERIOD
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:25 AM   #3
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom
 
eTiMaGo's Avatar
 
Drives: lil red 5-door
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 7,844
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris TTE JWRC View Post
NO, NOTHING FOR FOR THE SCION XA, XB WILL FIT THE YARIS, YARIS IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CAR, THE REASON I KNOW BECAUSE I BOUGHT MOST OF PARTS DESGINED FOR THE SCIONS FOR MY ECHO, AND NOW I HAVE A YARIS, SO I KNOW THAT YARIS IS A TOTTALY DIFFERENT CAR, AND NOTHING FOR THE SCIONS WILL FIT THE YARIS, NOTHING!!! PERIOD
Dude ease off the caffeine a bit
__________________
The price of freedom of religion, or of speech, or of the press, is that we must put up with a good deal of rubbish.
- Robert Jackson


Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:17 AM   #4
Yaris TTE JWRC
 
Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Surf City HBC ,CA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Dude ease off the caffeine a bit
i dont drink caffine, coffee nor any energy drinks, i just wanted to make it clear to every one
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:51 AM   #5
Yaris TTE JWRC
 
Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Surf City HBC ,CA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs View Post
C'mon, I'm sure the shift knob will fit, the double-din stereo will fit, and any of the xA and xB accessory and TRD wheels...

Cheers
yes indeed
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:00 PM   #6
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,833
LOUD NOISES! I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!

(Anchorman. LOL)
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:04 PM   #7
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?
 
CASTREX's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,287
What about the carpets?? Not sure... but you can give it a try
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:05 PM   #8
Yaris TTE JWRC
 
Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Surf City HBC ,CA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTREX View Post
What about the carpets?? Not sure... but you can give it a try
no, they are different
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:09 PM   #9
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?
 
CASTREX's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,287
Well..... then you will have to settle with the shiftknob...
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:27 PM   #10
Yaris TTE JWRC
 
Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Surf City HBC ,CA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTREX View Post
Well..... then you will have to settle with the shiftknob...
Yes , indeed i have the shiftknob of the scions on my Yaris, and it fits, and looks way better than the ones were desgined for the Yaris DSC01151.JPG
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:44 PM   #11
EddyCocaine
 
EddyCocaine's Avatar
 
Drives: Soon To Be Blue Liftback.
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: WI
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris TTE JWRC View Post
NO, NOTHING FOR FOR THE SCION XA, XB WILL FIT THE YARIS, YARIS IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CAR, THE REASON I KNOW BECAUSE I BOUGHT MOST OF PARTS DESGINED FOR THE SCIONS FOR MY ECHO, AND NOW I HAVE A YARIS, SO I KNOW THAT YARIS IS A TOTTALY DIFFERENT CAR, AND NOTHING FOR THE SCIONS WILL FIT THE YARIS, NOTHING!!! PERIOD
Caps Lock!! its like cruise control for awesome!!!!
EddyCocaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:08 PM   #12
eco
 
eco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 886
Yaris TTE,didnt you say nothing for the Scions would fit,man your full of HOT AIR,The crank pully's will also fit,I have a freind who has confirmed this.Ohya,we have the same engines,so the internal parts sold for the XB/XA should also fit,like pistons,rocker arms ext...
eco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:33 PM   #13
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyCocaine View Post
Caps Lock!! its like cruise control for awesome!!!!
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:12 PM   #14
Yaris TTE JWRC
 
Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Surf City HBC ,CA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco View Post
Yaris TTE,didnt you say nothing for the Scions would fit,man your full of HOT AIR,The crank pully's will also fit,I have a freind who has confirmed this.Ohya,we have the same engines,so the internal parts sold for the XB/XA should also fit,like pistons,rocker arms ext...
No, the crank pulley will not fit, the Yaris crank pulley one only holds one timing belt, Scion, Xa, Xb, and echo's crank pulley holds two timing belts, i know, because i have the Perrin Lighten Crank pulley on my Echo when i installed myself, and it is desgined for Sicon, as i look at my Yaris's crank pulley i could see it only holds one timing belt, so they are not the same , nice try buddy.
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:21 PM   #15
Yaris TTE JWRC
 
Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Surf City HBC ,CA
Posts: 265
Just to let y'all know that im only speak and confirm the things that i have done before, and i know what will, and what will not work on the Yaris as I look at my own Yaris and my old Echo, everything desgined for the Scion Xa and Xb fits my Echo because they all have the same chassis, engine, and tranny, Yaris is a totally new and different car from the old Xa, Xb, and echo, and I aint gonna BullSh*t y'all, if you dont trust what im telling you and you want to waste your money, go ahead go for it, i dont give a damn
just trying to help, i guess not
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #16
PetersRedYaris
 
PetersRedYaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Black Hills of South Dakota
Posts: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris TTE JWRC View Post
No, the crank pulley will not fit, the Yaris crank pulley one only holds one timing belt, Scion, Xa, Xb, and echo's crank pulley holds two timing belts, i know, because i have the Perrin Lighten Crank pulley on my Echo when i installed myself, and it is desgined for Sicon, as i look at my Yaris's crank pulley i could see it only holds one timing belt, so they are not the same , nice try buddy.
These engines don't have timing belts.
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:40 AM   #17
ZPIracing
 
ZPIracing's Avatar
 
Drives: Scions
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 55
crank pulleys are different. The Yaris runs a single accesory belt the xB/xA runs a dual. You would not want to run an xB pulley even though it may bolt on the balance is wrong.
ZPIracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:19 AM   #18
Yaris TTE JWRC
 
Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Surf City HBC ,CA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPIracing View Post
crank pulleys are different. The Yaris runs a single accesory belt the xB/xA runs a dual. You would not want to run an xB pulley even though it may bolt on the balance is wrong.
Do you see what i have been telling you people? there is the prove.
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tanabe Strut Tower Bar Install & Review [pics!] Chris07LB Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 56 01-20-2015 08:43 AM
For Sale: Lexus GS Parts - L-Tuned Body Kit, TRD Strut Tower bar, 18"StaggeredWheels. TRD_Yaris Items for Sale by private party 6 05-06-2010 06:43 PM
C-ONE Front Strut Tower Bar - Installed & Impressions (Pics to Come) bigsky2 Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 20 01-10-2007 06:53 PM
2006-2007 Yaris 4 Door Front Strut Bar AEM/DC Sport KenAEM Performance Modifications 2 10-07-2006 02:26 AM
2006-2007 Yaris 4 Door Front Strut Bar AEM/DC Sport KenAEM General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 3 08-30-2006 09:43 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.