Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-03-2007, 11:24 PM   #1
bugnuts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback BBP
Got my second door ding today!

Well today started bad, As I pulled into the parking spot next to my yaris in my wifes car I seen a very large dent in my drivers side door, I was actually able to spot this from about 15ft away through a dirty windshield with the sun at my face! This made me quite furious and everyone in the apartments knew it, I examined the dent and noticed black paint in a vertical line through it, It was definitely from another car, I started calling around about paintless dent removal and found a decent deal @ $50.00 per panel, I was still quite mad about it and did not even want to look at the car all day because I knew that it would just raise my blood pressure! Later on this evening I had to go get the cat some food and when I got into the yaris there was a note under the wiper, It said "The wind caught my door today and hit your car, I sincerely apologize and would like to cover the repairs", I could not believe that someone actually came forward about the incident and offered to fix it! This has not happened to me in my entire life. When I got home the person lived only a few buildings down from me so I went to talk with them about it, The guy felt really bad and related the situation to some of his own experiences with irresponsible people that had done the same to his wifes brand new car and never came forward about it. I guess there are still some decent people left in this world, Or maybe it was just because it was the yaris.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:32 PM   #2
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
that's cool that the second guy apologized and wants to fix it.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:01 PM   #3
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Wow...where do you live? That wouldnt happen in Atlanta.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:19 PM   #4
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
Even if you *witness* someone damaging your car here you won't see a single cent (well, Baht) unless you call in the police, no kidding!

Nice to see there are still some people that GAF!

In the two years we had our last car (the predecessor to the Yaris sedan), the drivers door was smashed in twice, the front bumper and guard was crumpled, the trunk and back bumper whacked, 17 door dents created, and too many little scratches to even count - all while parked!
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:44 PM   #5
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
At least he had the dignity to say he was sorry and to cover the expenses.
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:07 AM   #6
mkaresh

Drives: Mazda Protege5
I've noticed that the doors on my Protege5 are very easily dinged. I'm not sure if the Yaris' are the same way, but suspect this is common with small Japanese cars.