Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #1
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
trac button dash lights

when you turn trac off and hold it down for a few seconds these 2 lights come on....is it okay to drive around like this on a regular basis?

thanks
Attached Images

matthewai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:22 AM   #2
Black_griffin6

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic 3 door HB
This is a stupid question, but how do you turn it off? XD
Black_griffin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:01 AM   #3
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
for the 09-10 models

car off, hand brake up
start car
depress brake 2 times brake brake (hold 2nd brake while doing next step)
handbrake down, up, down, up
release brake and depress brake 2 more times

your trac light should then come on and will turn off when u turn the car off..so u gotta do this every time you start the car. if you start the car and wait over a min, u will have to turn off car and start over. if you screw up the sequence, just turn the car off and start over.
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:47 AM   #4
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
I just press the button! On the console of my '10 sedan.....
did it last night...we got 10-12 inches of snow, and I couldn't get on my street, so I parked it about a block away.After the plows came through about 1030pm. I went down to retrieve my car, and of course it was buried in by plows. I dug it out for awhile,but it was still stuck. Traction control kept power so low I'd never get out. So I turned it off and gun'd my way thru it. Shes nice and warm in the garage now!! (Only to have to go back to work today......)
Old 02-02-2011, 06:49 AM   #5
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
And my dog is upset too,lol....Small dog having a hard time finding somewhere to go potty out there,lol
Old 02-02-2011, 08:00 AM   #6
billfires

Drives: 2010 3dr LB
Does this only work for automatic transmissions? Bill C
billfires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:32 AM   #7
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
i got a 2010 liftback and it does not come with the vsc switch/button. this proccedure is for those yaris who does not have the vsc switch/button. i have a manual transmission btw.
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #8
rick996

Drives: 2010 5 door hatch w/5 sp man.
I did a test

Yesterday during a snowstorm I had to make a left at a stop sign up a hill. I stayed in first gear but the traction control kept throttling the engine back and I went slower and slower and just barely made it up the hill. So I went back down the hill to the same intersection pulled in a parking lot and went through the brake sequence to turn off traction control. This time when I left a stop sign I was able to accelerate all the way up the hill.

Is there a way to just disable the throttle back portion without disabling traction control and stability control?
rick996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #9
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_griffin6 View Post
This is a stupid question, but how do you turn it off? XD
That was a dumb post on ur behalf, No question is stupid, yet you cant answer it for him and on top of that u add another question. FAIL

Last edited by JumpmanYaris; 02-02-2011 at 03:43 PM.
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #10
matthewai

^^^ bahhhahah yeah my orig question was not answered yet but thats okay ...yes i have the button im just asking because im under the impression that with the trac "on" (dash lights off) there is less power to the wheels so i just turn trac off unless its really bad out ie snow ice what have you and yes i know the power gain is prob very minimal if not its all in my mind
Old 02-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #11
Black_griffin6

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic 3 door HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
That was a dumb post on ur behalf, No question is stupid, yet you cant answer it for him and on top of that u add another question. FAIL
Pardon me for asking a question related to the topic.

OP: It's probably fine, it's just another safety feature. It would be like turning your passenger's airbag off, it won't really affect your passenger unless you get into a crash, so turning off your trac won't really affect you unless you encounter some bad/slippery weather or conditions.
Black_griffin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #12
matthewai

ohhh yeah no worries man i didnt even know you could do the ebrake procedure if you didnt have the button

Tags
dash, light, regular, trac