Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #1
Kru

Drives: Yaris Zinc
Aux Input options

Hey guys

I've got a Yaris Zinc and I'm really wanting to listen to my iPod in the car. I was going to put in a new radio but I'm a bit reluctant to shell out all that money because the aux input is the only part I actually want.

So does anyone know if my car would have an Aux Input in already that I could maybe mess around with? I was going to go down to my local Toyota Dealer and ask them about it but I don't want to appear like an idiot and have them convince me to spend loads on an unnecessary solution so I thought I'd ask you guys for some advice.
Kru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
Banned

Drives: '10 Yaris5drHB+99 4runner LTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kru View Post
Hey guys

I've got a Yaris Zinc and I'm really wanting to listen to my iPod in the car. I was going to put in a new radio but I'm a bit reluctant to shell out all that money because the aux input is the only part I actually want.

So does anyone know if my car would have an Aux Input in already that I could maybe mess around with? I was going to go down to my local Toyota Dealer and ask them about it but I don't want to appear like an idiot and have them convince me to spend loads on an unnecessary solution so I thought I'd ask you guys for some advice.
well, it should have aux port down by the handbrake.
127.0.0.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
Kru

Drives: Yaris Zinc
Oh cool thanks. I'm guessing that would be behind those little square things. So would I need to get an adapter from Toyota to work it or is it just a straight jack input down there? Either way sounds like it has potential to be a good solution.
Kru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
might be helpful in your journey

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ding+aux+input
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote