Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-25-2011, 02:30 AM   #1
Yaross

Drives: 2006 Yaris HB 5DR
HB Common Door courtesy switch signal?

Good day Sirs!

I am installing a car alarm on my Yaris 2006, 5 door (HB) and it requires a single (-) negative signal whenever a door is opened.

My problem is this, the rear door (hatch) and main cabin has separate lamps that work independently whenever the hatch or a door is opened. I need only one signal and I am afraid that that if join the signal from the rear hatch to he rest of the doors, I will lose the independent function.

I also noticed from the dashboard that if any door is opened, including the rear hatch, the red car icon (symbol for open door) lights up. This means it is receiving all the door courtesy switch signal. In case I want to use the signal from that, can somebody tell me where to find the line so I can tap the car alarm door switch wire on that.

Thank you all and I hope you can help me.
Yaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
There is not a single wire that you can tap. The cluster receives the separate signals and then drives a single icon (on the LB). To keep them separate, but bring a single wire into the alarm, you have to use diodes. You can use a general purpose diodes like 1n4001, 1n4003, or 1n4004. You install a diode between each of the door wires and the alarm wire with the white line on the diode pointing towards the alarm wire.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:57 PM   #3
Yaross

Drives: 2006 Yaris HB 5DR
Thank you very much Sir CTScott for the info and more specially for the specific diode number. I can now start splicing wires.

God bless you!
Yaross is offline   Reply With Quote