Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-05-2006, 06:06 PM   #19
jah

Drives: Hatch
I got hit once, so should have picked up on the cert thing

Found
http://www.toyotaworld.com/
They list the TRD Shocks, and springs, looks like springs are 159, the shocks 304. Big difference from Honda, the HFP (honda factory performance) suspension was only sold initally in the HFP package (List at $4k though it included the front, side, rear skirts, spoiler, 17" alloy wheels, and the shocks/struts/coils that were "nuernberg" tuned )
jah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 01:55 AM   #20
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
This thread's question has probably already received confirmation already, but I just wanted to add that the springs are indeed Eibach springs.

The documentation with the springs were Eibach printed, and it came with a cheesy sticker too (RICE ON!).
bigsky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:08 AM   #21
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsky2
This thread's question has probably already received confirmation already, but I just wanted to add that the springs are indeed Eibach springs.

The documentation with the springs were Eibach printed, and it came with a cheesy sticker too (RICE ON!).
ROFL.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:19 PM   #22
jah

Drives: Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsky2
it came with a cheesy sticker too (RICE ON!).
Is it one of those "5 HP" stickers, ya know the kind that add horsepower
jah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:51 PM   #23
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jah
Is it one of those "5 HP" stickers, ya know the kind that add horsepower
Actually to be exact, there's TWO stickers.

So it could potentially increase your total power output to 10 HP.

Dual Sticker Setup.
bigsky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 02:27 PM   #24
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
TRD SPRINGS will cost you $160.00 american plus shipping
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:14 PM   #25
JDMVitz
Obsessive Detailer

Drives: JDM
I found on the internet the part no. for hatchback lowering spring. It doesn't say if is TRD or not...

Part #: PTR04-52060

Is this the TRD lowering springs? If not, where can i find it?
JDMVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:56 PM   #26
Moura
Stranger no more

Drives: 2008 Yaris 1.0 VVt-i
Sorry to dig this up, but it will be my next mod. And I just knew about this a few days ago.

I have a friend that works in Toyota here in Portugal, and he said that the springs are Eibach.

So for me, there is no point in buying TRD (TTE) springs, you know why? Because in Europe everything is fuc**** expensive. They charge us 370$ (290€) for TRD springs.

Eibach springs (the same ones I guess) will cost me about 230$ (180€).

One thing it makes me confuse, is that Toyota says the TRD lowers -30mm, but Eibach says the pro-kit will lower -25mm
Moura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:11 AM   #27
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Just so you know no dealer toyota honda etc manufacture thier own parts. They sublet it to a company and they make it and then they stick thier label on it. For example honda usses a lot of nissin parts. And it says honda on the box. But occasionally on the part you can see the stamp nissan. Infact if they havve problems with brake pads they will switch to a different brand. So you could buy 2 boxes of brake pads for the same car but a few years later it would be a different type cause they found out this other brand has less combacks.

I had a customer in my shop once that didnt belive me they wanted only OEM parts. So i orderd a master cylinder from napa auto parts and a master cylinder from worldpack which is a oem cylinder that says honda all over th ebox. ANd took them both out. Identical in every way and both said nissin on them. Just one napa put thier name on and one honda put thiers on. So i told the customer if you want you can have this one because it comes with a pretty box but its 30 percent more expensive. I warrenty both parts for 1 year reguardless
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:55 AM   #28
Jerkratt

Drives: 08 Yaris Liftback S (RIP 07)
Send a message via AIM to Jerkratt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moura View Post
Sorry to dig this up, but it will be my next mod. And I just knew about this a few days ago.

I have a friend that works in Toyota here in Portugal, and he said that the springs are Eibach.

So for me, there is no point in buying TRD (TTE) springs, you know why? Because in Europe everything is fuc**** expensive. They charge us 370$ (290€) for TRD springs.

Eibach springs (the same ones I guess) will cost me about 230$ (180€).

One thing it makes me confuse, is that Toyota says the TRD lowers -30mm, but Eibach says the pro-kit will lower -25mm
the reason they are diffrent numbers is cause eibach makes there own lowering spring for the yaris... they ALSO make springs spec'd to TRD's wantings... thats the reason for a different drop.. the TRD spings are sopost to work with the TRD shocks (i think there KYB's) same concept with socks... Racing Heart makes the "TRD 18in. Wheels" there just badged TRD.. AEM makes the CAI for TRD... but the TRD comes with a bypass valve.... i think eibach makes the rear sway bar as well.. making any cents?

and to clearify something... honda does NOT have mugen... its a company that makes Honda parts but you cant go into a honda dealer and ask for mugen parts... nismo on the other hand IS a nissan company like TRD. there for you can go to a nissan dealer and order nismo parts.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:17 PM   #29
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
My TRD springs came for the US.
Eibach advertise a 1" drop.
TRD advertise a 1.25" drop.
Mine have settled in at approx. a 1.5" drop.

Eibach may make TRD springs but that doesn't necessarily mean they are the same spec. And likely aren't.
For what it's worth, the photo on Toyota Canada's 2008 Yaris option/accessory webpage clearly showed springs marked "Eibach". Of course the price was totally outrageous.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #30
Cutie Pie #2

Drives: 2014 Honda CR-V LX
Is this a good price for TRD

I went to Sparkstoyota.com to look at Full TRD Suspension which includes everything shocks, springs and rear sway bar = price is $787.00 which includes shipping. Is that a good price? Or has anyone know of better. And does any one know a ballpark on price to get it installed. I looking to do this soon maybe christmas time. This is for my car to improve the ride. My husband's is staying stock.
Cutie Pie #2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #31
Jerkratt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie Pie #2 View Post
I went to Sparkstoyota.com to look at Full TRD Suspension which includes everything shocks, springs and rear sway bar = price is $787.00 which includes shipping. Is that a good price? Or has anyone know of better. And does any one know a ballpark on price to get it installed. I looking to do this soon maybe christmas time. This is for my car to improve the ride. My husband's is staying stock.
if u come to jersey ill be able to install the sway bar and ill be able to get a nice price for the install of the shocks and springs.... my car club pres owns a body shop they got tools there lol.. worse case there is a shop that sponcers us called autoformace in clifton... my friend got the NST pulley installed on his accord yesterday for 50 bucks... so im sure i can get u a sweet deal and it would be done quick..

and

MUSKOKA800 agreed just as i stated above ur post
Old 11-07-2008, 02:27 AM   #32
Benggolf2

Drives: 2008 Yaris RS 4-Door LB
Go Eibach Pro-Kit if you are not after aggressive lowering. Am pretty happy with the results on the Yaris, MBenz and Smart....yes, they all have Eibach Pro-Kits installed. Ordered the springs from Tire Rack.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:56 AM   #33
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie Pie #2 View Post

Sparks prices are very competitive.
I bought mine from Conicelli. It was a bit cheaper after adding the 15% discount code.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...subcat2=101278

Oh, and "improve the ride" is subject to interpretation. The full TRD system will make your ride quite brisk. I consider it an improved ride because I can now rail the turns. Others don't care for the bone jarring hits. You'll know every crack in the road along your commute before long. For me, avoiding those bumps is part of the fun.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:06 AM   #34
Jerkratt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSKOKA800 View Post
Sparks prices are very competitive.
I bought mine from Conicelli. It was a bit cheaper after adding the 15% discount code.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...subcat2=101278

Oh, and "improve the ride" is subject to interpretation. The full TRD system will make your ride quite brisk. I consider it an improved ride because I can now rail the turns. Others don't care for the bone jarring hits. You'll know every crack in the road along your commute before long. For me, avoiding those bumps is part of the fun.
adreed again with the bump lol but i had 17" rims on aswell... i got 15" now with more tire not as bad
Old 11-07-2008, 11:14 AM   #35
kargoboy

Drives: '07 Yaris Sedan/'03 Protege
I have Eibach springs on my own dd (Mazda Protege) and love them. I am going to install a set on the Yaris too,
in the spring. PM me for a price, if you're interested.
kargoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:22 AM   #36
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
make sure you cut the bump stop... my car is in toyota right now and theyre replacing the shock , originally they said its the springs "trd" but when they took it out they said its the shocks.. its blown.. the car is 18 months old and i dont drive hard on any bumps...
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote