Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-07-2018, 02:24 AM   #37
David C

Drives: White '07 3dr LB
Thanks. It has served me well throughout my daily drives and road trips.
David C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:06 PM   #38
zoidberg444

Drives: Yaris 06 - 5dr hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
New audio = pictures because pictures are fun

Something that's been long overdue and one of what I hope to be a few mods in preparation for Toyotafest 2018.
I'm curious mate i actually still have the factory head unit. I've actually seen a facia kit and a wiring harness on ebay for the Mk2 yaris and i was planning to swap a kenwood unit in because my factory unit is playing up. Did you need a cage adapter to make it fit in the hole or is a standard size?
Old 05-14-2018, 01:10 PM   #39
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
There was an adapter kit that made my head unit fit. I believe it's both a metal bracket that goes on the radio and into the dash, as well as a plastic trim that goes around the radio to fill the space around the face. Although my radio is a double din, they vary a bit in size so an adapter kit is typically needed.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 01:47 PM   #40
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoidberg444 View Post
I'm curious mate i actually still have the factory head unit. I've actually seen a facia kit and a wiring harness on ebay for the Mk2 yaris and i was planning to swap a kenwood unit in because my factory unit is playing up. Did you need a cage adapter to make it fit in the hole or is a standard size?
Different markets do not necessarily have the same DDIN opening in the dash. Some of us here in North America have installed the OE trim piece that we had gotten from Denmark in a group buy. The opening in North America measures 200mm, and the trim from Denmark measures 180mm. Aftermarket DDIN HUs typically measure 180mm across, hence the need for side filler trim kits here.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:55 PM   #41
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Different markets do not necessarily have the same DDIN opening in the dash. Some of us here in North America have installed the OE trim piece that we had gotten from Denmark in a group buy. The opening in North America measures 200mm, and the trim from Denmark measures 180mm. Aftermarket DDIN HUs typically measure 180mm across, hence the need for side filler trim kits here.
how big is the 3rd gen i need to buy a siecane dash unit to replace my factory crap DA. which i then will put up for sale because its vital for getting factory GPS muahahah.
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:58 AM   #42
zoidberg444

Drives: Yaris 06 - 5dr hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Ah. Thanks for the heads up mate. I will pull my head unit and make some measurements just to make sure.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk