Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-21-2018, 03:35 PM   #37
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Stellar write-ups; can't say it enough.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:20 PM   #38
Dliverance

Drives: 2012 Black sand pearl <3
Just curious, have you looked into odyssey batteries? A pc545 weighs 11lbs and can be installed in any orientation
Dliverance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:52 PM   #39
Runethecursed

Drives: 2009 Yaris S
I have looked at odyssey batteries and Braille,

and then I also looked at my wallet.

We know where that battle goes
Runethecursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 06:01 PM   #40
Runethecursed

New List of Mods, kept it light for this month, Trying to get my brakes but they are taking their sweet time (Cant help it I ordered the rotors from Rock Auto and well, They are cheap and if I have to wait a few more days so be it, they'll show up literally 16 hours before raceday XD)

Anyways So I got bored last weekend and the weather was okayish enough.

Let's paint some Eyebrows

Not Sure if I exactly like em, but free mods are best mods.

For inquiring minds, I used white Flex Seal. Since then they have dirtied up to match the paint on the car.

Same Day I got kinda creative, Shopping around for the Yaris TRD "Rally" wing I found it was 200 bucks and some change. Not sure I wanted to spend that much I figured I could make a custom one and wanted to see how it would look

Kinda Digging it

Certainly would stand out. I would make it out of Aluminum with CF sides. and probably gurney flap it

That said it's also against SCCA STS rules, but the TRD wing isnt since it was a factory option... So... on the fence if I want to keep it

I swear to god there is no flat line on this car. Everything has an angle to it

Moving on to earlier this week I got some stuff I wanted to save till I got the Vitz stuff, but you know Busy hands and stuff starts being thrown at the car

Actual NETZ badge, OEM and all that. fits like stock

Installed on car, threw the TRD Sport thing on since the grill I ordered was not the right year (06-0-8) not my year.. 09

The theme is to turn this into a sort of psuedo TRD sport modded Vitz RS

Because I can, and I did.... Cookie for anyone who knows what the emblem is used for

I also rummaged through my box of Yaris Bits (literally named so) and found the OEM tow Bolt cover. Decided it was time to chop it up to make it fit

And wahalla, it looks good again

But wait there is more, As I was Finagling in the garage with the stuff a package came.

I ordered an aFe intake stage 2 dry filter from the website for cheap. like 160 bucks cheap. and man oh man am I impressed with the quality control and how serious they make their stuff. that said their instruction sheet was practically useless and the photos where too grainy to use, all said, its pretty self explanitory, no CEL no issues, and it sounds good and everyone loves induction noises

I had some spare heat shielding so I decided to go ham

Ham has been gone!

OEM intake box

New intake, Please note it looks more tucked and whatnot because I had to modify how everything was ran, this intake is supposed to piggy back mount wise off the factory battery tray and some misc brackets, all that was deleted when I did my battery removal. So it looks a little cleaner

Forwarning as well, remember to put on the rubber liner before wedging the tray in there. I did not and well. too lazy to pull it back out so busted knuckles to get it all to fit

Giving me ideas on cutting up the bumper for some inlets... just for cheese. I gotta check the rule book though.

I have a whicked video of me revving it to redline and whatnot but IMGbb wont host it so Ill let it pass

Finally because we all know stickers add hp. If you guys recognized the Initial D reference I love you

Testing out some JDM based Slaps from redbubble., I hate the white lining on it but they are easy enough to cut, I have ordered different ones anyways but just wanted to see how they held up in the sun and whatnot. So far day 6 later they are doing fine....

Hotboi status with the stickers. am I too old for this? maybe, do I really want to ask? not really. Am I listening to Evanescence right now?

Bonus Content:
I went to a local K-pop ran pool hall after knocking back some soju and a random girl shown up.

That's about as good as the night got, I suck terribly at it and turns out shes married. /Happily/

but ye I go do more stuff than just cars...

Also cause I am emotionally disturbed: I am contemplating selling the yaris as I am already running into the limitations of what the chassis can do for me, and any more sort of modifications for power is counter inuitive to the nature of the car and Id rather be spending that on something else. so if anyone is interested in buying it from me... I will entertain the idea.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:09 PM   #41
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Wow. You've done more in the short time you've been here than most have in years, myself included, and you're already open to moving on from it LOL!

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:21 AM   #42
Runethecursed

Haha, yeah, its a bad habit, sort of the reasons why Ive owned so many cars in such a short time span.

that said with the more track events and auto-x I do the more I am realizing that this car is very limited, and while it is still fun. I kind of want to move on to push myself. that said if I cant sell the thing, then I wont worry about it too much
Old 06-07-2018, 10:46 AM   #43
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runethecursed View Post
Bam, I can take more photos of the engine bay if that intersts anyone but for now I have to make my car learn how to idle again, a few hot minutes of running and itll be back to fine and crackling and popping like the performance motor I want it to be!

I have no bonus footage today as It's been super slow and Ive basically installed everything I have for the car right now...

Till next time

TAKE! CARE!
Great job. Do you mind taking pics of the engine bay battery tie in wiring? Also, did you river the bottom of the battery box to the chassis, or is it bolted?
Old 06-07-2018, 01:55 PM   #44
Runethecursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
Great job. Do you mind taking pics of the engine bay battery tie in wiring? Also, did you river the bottom of the battery box to the chassis, or is it bolted?
I can, stand by for that

Taylor's kit runs the two studs all the way through, so its bolted down to the frame via like 18 inch long studs which have nuts at the bottom in the box and again on the battery tie down and then the box top.

Routing

Bolted to Factory Positive

Last edited by Runethecursed; 06-07-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 01:27 PM   #45
Runethecursed

BRAKES ARE ON THE CAR HOLY BALLS BATMAN

Finally. Long story, so I installed the new brakes last week actually, but we noticed they felt mooshier and weren't holding. I did everything. I mean everything, Bench bled the master, bled the master on the car, bled the abs module, all 6 ports, then rebled all the wheels. no Luck took it to the dealer, they power bled it twice, came back to me and said the master was bad. Re-orded a new master, did the SAME process (meanwhile destroying my hands cause no glove, cause.... I'm not gonna live past 60.) and FINALLY, I have the results.

And you'll read about them below

Before all that. Mocking up a self made wing, that sucked terribly

I am playing around with this idea just for kicks, Decided in the long run it would be better just to get an OEM wing. And I am trying to find a Rally TRD wing... would class better too since I am now allowed aftermarket wings, but I am allowed OEM options. and the car basically is a Vitz RS now sans body kit panels..

Speaking..

Spoilers... Brakes..?

Also Installed. aFe intake! with air box! 150 bucks! local website had them for stupid cheap compared to the usual and I jumped on it!

Induction noise is awesome. I need to quiet down the exhaust now.

Had the idea of making a little bumper hole to allow air to directly come into the filter, but... eh. Not right now, and again classing rules might be against it. More on that later...

Finally Mounted

Smallest Big Brake Kit, Ive ever installed

OEM vs Scion XD sized

I am running a 15x7 Et38 offset no spacer. this is what it looks like up close

Anyone want my old pads? Hawk HP and cryotech Slotted rotors.. OEM sizing. less than 3k miles on em

I am really happy with the color. They are holding well and not leaking, and yes I did rebuild them all by hand and re honed the bores and checked clearances and all that. the rebuild kit came from newegg of all places and was like 9 bucks they are insanely easy to find and there's no reason to buy them new. they were 46 bucks from the junkyard, 9 bucks ish for the rebuild kit, 15 bucks in paint. another 8 in stickers and boom. what looks like TRD upgraded brakes
not even Gazoo runs these.. ( they do but they arent awesome looking) I used the gold paint but I think black is more GRMN proper...

So my thoughts on all this.
The brake pedal has gotten noticibly mooshier, its not terrible but its enough to make me not absolutely love driving it.
that said I adjusted the brake pedal for no play, and put the height up. and then unplugged the vac assist, now braking requires a heavy foot and to get it to stop needs alot of effort but to slow down its a simple stab and lift which is what this car needs for the short track.

the future will involve the scion XD brake booster which is a 7/8 bore master at m10x1 inv fitting vs what we run on the yaris OE which is 13/16. Ive also looked at running a bigger corolla set up with a 1 inch bore and still running a blocked booster (manual braking!)
but we will see because!....

It's for sale! officially, the price is kinda high because I am sort of playing with it for now. But I am serious. If the YW member wants to get on this deal I will gladly work on pricing and give a full layout of what has been done!

this car is immensely fun, astoundingly reliable and stll quite competitive, but I am outgrowing it by leaps. I should have known this (came from an BSP rx8, before that Ive had BSM subaru...) as I am to the point where I can Spend $$$ on making it faster or better or I can use that money for a car that has a higher limit or is simply cooler.

I am trying to get it to a person who is looking to get their feet wet into auto racing or autox as its basically done minus some gauges and maybe an actual 5 point harness. (street car has DOT legal 4 point..)
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/...613585465.html
So please pass the word, give me a shout. I check my messages and emails
if it doesnt sell Ill keep working on it and see what happens ( theres a 69 dart up my ways thats tempting me..)

So thanks for watching

TAKE! CARE!

BONUS
Monthly Sushi Run to Obi's. I brought my roomates gf there and gorged myself.. so delish
Old 06-20-2018, 06:15 PM   #46
Runethecursed

I readjusted the drum brakes and it fixed the issue. No new photos but man oh man. for guys who are adamant their brake system is fluid tight, check your drums first. I spent hours trying to bleed and get it all sorted. nah it was just the drum spacing.

still might get that scion master..