Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-29-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
jgjacket
I've made a post!

Drives: 08 Yaris 2DR Hatchback
Question

OK- I am clueless when it comes to cars and repair work... basically I hit a stump and knocked in the side of my lower front corner bumper (see pic). The wheel well wasn't damaged and the lighting systems and aligment have all been fine since I did this (6+ Months ago). I took it to the dealership and they wanted 800+ dollars to replace the bumper, do BS work, etc.

What would an alternative be for repairing this at a cheaper rate? I can live with it; but would be will to spend around 200-300 dollars to get it looking like it used to... Any Help with the bumper (and the side door-crack from gas pump) or advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yaris.jpg (163.5 KB, 40 views)
jgjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Either way the door is a BS fix unless you want to pull the inner panel off and pound out yourself. The front plastic piece to me well you can kiss that good bye if it is cracked or split. Hit the internet for auto salvage yards to replace either. You will most likely still have to see a painter if you want a paint match. The dealer quote by the time you add everything up sounds pretty good to me. Don't you have insurance?
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bumper