Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-19-2011, 03:59 AM   #55
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
i could definitely use more practice with vinyl, I've only done a few large pieces.
I'm pretty good with fiberglass, but unfortunately haven't gotten the chance to mess with real carbon fiber, yet.

Will definitely post a DIY Dadams, this is turning out to be more of my build thread than anything else, lol.
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #56
mr_miles

been sick since i got home from vacation so i haven't done too much to the gnar gnar, but i felt up to it so i pulled my front end apart and removed the tow bar attachment that was left. 26 pounds of un-needed steel! Allthough, after thinking about it, that bar is probably the reason i am driving the car today. It most likely saved the car when it got in the wreck. there's one piece on the passenger side that still needs to be removed, but the whole being sick thing made me not want to do it. i'll get under her soon and pull it. it's only like 2 pounds of steel lol.

Pulled a few more pieces to sticker bomb today, and got my hands on some wink mirror mounts! Expect pictures tomorrow of a mounted mirror and more pieces :D

Also, for Garm if he's following this at all, I'm working on something to make covering the whole car easier! Any luck finding stickers?
Old 01-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #57
mr_miles

welp, I'm snowed in so I'm going to be doing stuff here and there to the Gnar-gnar. here's two pictures of what I've done so far. Wink mirror is mounted, will take pictures when i go downstairs to work on stuff.

Shift boot ring! still working on how to get my bandanna boot done, i keep ripping it :( might just do the hacked up rubber boot if Garm finds one.

rear shock tower covers! :p
Old 01-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #58
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I still say we have a party and sticker bomb my whole car with black and white anime stickers.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #59
mr_miles

That would be fun as hell.

I'm working on a way to take pages from manga and getting them to adhere without getting too opaque. :) then it's just getting them clear-coated and they're good! I've tried a few things but i didn't like how it turned out.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:42 PM   #60
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
itasha your car out on the outside :D
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #61
mr_miles

OH MY GOD THIS SUCKED SO HARD DON'T EVER ATTEMPT THIS SERIOUSLY.
The bandana is in, but it still aint in the car yet. that was quite possibly the most annoying thing ever. had to but little tiny slits in it and tension it on the clips, then keep juuust enough on the edge of the console while clipping it in or it just fell out. Hell if I know how i'm going to get it to stay on the shift rod how i want. that rubber boot sounds better and better by the minute.

here's some pretty lame pictures of the wink mirror. To much glare, ignore my hand. my camera went full retard if i didn't block the light. It's mounted via two windshield mounts. vibrates a little bit at idle, and a bit while driving. no more than if you had it mounted with the brackets. gotta put my sun visors back in sometime. will take more suitable pics when i can.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #62
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
I have my front and rear emblems Stickerbombed. I think we are the only two with stickerbombed pieces in yarii.

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #63
mr_miles

oooh, post some pics!

Here it is mounted. So far seems ok, my only concern is the remaining bandana underneath getting in the way of me shifting properly. time will tell.Now to wrap the lever with something. Garm, find me a bunch of little anime related stickers! lol.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #64
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ that's amazing.

I have anime sticker books coming from Japan.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #65
mr_miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
^ that's amazing.

I have anime sticker books coming from Japan.
Thank you, it was almost not worth it :p

And i am jealous! pm me with some links, yeah? i could stand to buy some. lol.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #66
Form>Function

I use stickerbomb the books as well as britain seems to have awesome sticker packs that are perfect for bombing and very durable.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #67
mr_miles

oh cool. I'll have to keep looking. I can find single stickers pretty easily, but i have trouble finding books or packs. The company that published Sticker bomb is releasing another book soon, called skateboard stickers (mini edition) with like 350 in it, and its 15 bucks! going to order it as soon as its out.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #68
Form>Function

nice thats awesome I have a billion skate stickers as well. LMK if you ever are in need and we can arrange some sticker swapping. Ill post up picks of my emblems once I am home.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #69
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
there is actually a fabric dye spray that you can buy. I used it once to paint speaker covers on an older car. It worked amazingly!

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #70
Form>Function

sticker spray on paint???? that sounds crazy.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #71
mr_miles

Should have nabbed a large shifter extension from Garm while I was down there. Kind of want one for my other shift knob.

Tomorrow if I remember when I get home from work I'm going to pull the plastic surround from the third brake light and bomb that. I need to install a relay on that anyhow, i want it to blink when i press the brakes. Anyone know which side of the car the wires for that are on? I'd rather mount it anywhere else other than up by the light itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.5 View Post
sticker spray on paint???? that sounds crazy.
lol. i think he means just fabric paint.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #72
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Here's the fabric you should use now for your headliner:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/84710176...m_campaign=GPS