Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-07-2012, 02:36 AM   #1
coffiend

Drives: 08 Black LB
Side mirror outer cover

Does anybody know if I can just get the plastic cover for the outside of my mirror? long story short, a person bumped me very lightly and that was the only damage caused. Trying to keep it as cheap as possible. If anybody knows the part number or any more info that would be just peachy. Thanks

Old 03-07-2012, 02:38 AM   #2
coffiend

Drives: 08 Black LB
OOPS! wrong thread!

Mod, please move for me :D
Old 03-07-2012, 03:07 AM   #3
boggydee

Drives: 2009 yaris 4dr hb
time for led signal light from MI? but for the question.. if you ask local dealer.. they dont sell them seperately. Im pretty sure trdsparks dont sell them seperately also but I could b wrong
boggydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #4
cwitte
Newbie DIYer

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB MT
Mirror covers might still fit. But I'm guessing it be easiest to just by a wreched aftermark. I found one for $30 on ebay a while back after I was in the hail storm at Epply last year.
cwitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
12 yaris

Drives: '12 Yaris LE Lagoon Blue Mica
Possibly a salvage yard if not than try dealer.
12 yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
G-Ammo

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2009; 1.0 3 Cil.
How about this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REAL-3D-GLOS...bf533b&vxp=mtr
G-Ammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #7
suckerface
#1 Lemming

Drives: Light Blue '08 Yaris
+1 on the LED Side Mirror covers from MI http://shop.microimageonline.com/LED...ED-mirrors.htm

However, I haven't figured out how to install mine yet... http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...3391#post63391
Old 03-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #8
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
should get these

http://shop.microimageonline.com/Car...vers-CF-sm.htm

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #9
devinlamothe

Drives: '07 Yaris HB
Do you still need a cover? I have spares from when I bought colour matched covers.

I will send them for you free as I don't need them (they are black but can be painted). Just PM your address :)
Old 03-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #10
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
^^^^ Now there is a friend.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #11
devinlamothe

Drives: '07 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klink10 View Post
^^^^ Now there is a friend.
I don't mind helping out fellow Yaris owners when I can. :)

Besides I know how it feels to have someone do something to your pride and joy.

A while ago I had something similar happen. I was driving on a 3 lane road, the right hand lane was ending due to construction and had those big tube looking barriers with reflective tape. Anyway, I was in the lane that was ending, but Mr Important Ford F150 with lift kit started to speed up as I was trying to switch lanes (I was 1/2 way into the next lane by this point), cutting me off so I couldn't move over. Ended up smashing my side mirror into one of the barriers and had to replace the mirror glass as well as the plastic piece.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #12
winny
I've made a post!

Drives: toyota yaris 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffiend View Post
Does anybody know if I can just get the plastic cover for the outside of my mirror? long story short, a person bumped me very lightly and that was the only damage caused. Trying to keep it as cheap as possible. If anybody knows the part number or any more info that would be just peachy. Thanks

hi can i know how did you solve ur problem? i am having the same problem with you now!
winny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #13
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
hi can i know how did you solve ur problem? i am having the same problem with you now!
You can either purchase generic ones off ebay (which will not be painted, but will be very inexpensive), or you can go to the dealer and order the correct color ones for your car.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #14
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
You can either purchase generic ones off ebay (which will not be painted, but will be very inexpensive), or you can go to the dealer and order the correct color ones for your car.
^^^^^ This. I had one of my covers stolen in 2008 while I was volunteering for Habitat for Humanity in the Florida neighborhood of the Lower 9th Ward in New Orleans. I ordered a new one at the most accessible Toyota dealer (in the New Orleans East part of the 9th Ward). I left the area (to see a Braves game at Turner Field in Atlanta and to see a Nationals game during the opening week of Nationals Park in DC) for about 10 days, and when I returned (to continue my volunteer work) the cover had already been delivered to the dealership. If I remember correctly, it just snapped on. It isn't an item that would normally need to be replaced, so (at least in 2008) it was an item that needed to be ordered. I don't know if that is still the case in 2012.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #15
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
^^^^^ This. I had one of my covers stolen in 2008 while I was volunteering for Habitat for Humanity in the Florida neighborhood of the Lower 9th Ward in New Orleans. I ordered a new one at the most accessible Toyota dealer (in the New Orleans East part of the 9th Ward). I left the area (to see a Braves game at Turner Field in Atlanta and to see a Nationals game during the opening week of Nationals Park in DC) for about 10 days, and when I returned (to continue my volunteer work) the cover had already been delivered to the dealership. If I remember correctly, it just snapped on. It isn't an item that would normally need to be replaced, so (at least in 2008) it was an item that needed to be ordered. I don't know if that is still the case in 2012.
Curious question, how do you pry one off? Coz u mentiond it was stolen and u snapped the new one on. Im figuring how to properly snap it off. (Im thinking of getting powermirrors from the scrapyard and if ever it had a different color on the cover.)

The thief mustve owned a yaris. Lol

Last edited by jcboy; 12-03-2012 at 12:07 AM. Reason: mistyped word touchscreen phone
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:32 AM   #16
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboy View Post
Curious question, how do you pry one off? Coz u mentiond it was stolen and u snapped the new one on. Im figuring how to properly snap it off. (Im thinking of getting powermirrors from the scrapyard and if ever it had a different color on the cover.)

The thief mustve owned a yaris. Lol
If you pop if off from the outside you are likely to break the mounting tabs. The correct way to remove it is to remove the mirror first (get your fingers under the bottom of it and pull out to unclip the bottom, then lift it up to unclip the top). Once you do that you can get at the tabs for the cover to release them.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #17
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
If you pop if off from the outside you are likely to break the mounting tabs. The correct way to remove it is to remove the mirror first (get your fingers under the bottom of it and pull out to unclip the bottom, then lift it up to unclip the top). Once you do that you can get at the tabs for the cover to release them.
That sounds good. Im eyeing on upgrading my mirrors to power but i find the led covers (stock) too ricey. lolz

I have the top model for the 1.3 2NZFE engine--apparently not since they included all amenities except the power mirrors!

which makes me think, do those stock LED covers wired up to the same pigtail harness of the power mirror itself?
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #18
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Anyone dumb enough to steal the cover, IMO, would also have enough hubris to think that they would be able to remove it unscathed. To this day I'm still on the fence questioning if they stole it to sell it or as a message because they are among the seemingly few who don't like the volunteers coming in from outside the community to help rebuild.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote