Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-23-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Drives: 2010 5-Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by quaffle View Post
I did notice that the front splitter thing on the bumper is missing:

It was definitely there before the crash.There is now just an exposed bit of metal. Have the garage simply forgotten to install this piece? What can I do about it?
I would ask the repair shop to order that missing part for you -- that front lip is an optional part that can be ordered from Toyota..

Ask/pm meteorite marty for info about part no., etc. -- See this post for info http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=10

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps
toy_toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:47 AM   #2
BluYrs
ヴィッツ ドライバー

Drives: 2006 3d 1.0 Linea Sol
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy_toronto View Post
that front lip is an optional part that can be ordered from Toyota..
Standard on all Yarii here in the EU though.

Definitely get it re-installed because even though it's not hard to install it yourself, the bits needed for it (screws, special clamps) and the thing itself is bound to cost some £££.

As for the rear sitting high- it could just be that the car was left up on a hydraulic lift so the rear springs were stretched out (front wheels prolly removed, so less strain on front springs).

As for the quality of work, not much to de done there, but I'd check the alignment of the front wheels (affects handling) and visually check the engine compartment (all bolts&screws there, hoses tightened).

The blue one
BluYrs is offline   Reply With Quote