Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2014, 01:53 PM   #1
Zarkos

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Unhappy Automatic Transmission to Manual

Hello to all of you.

I have a very important question. Is it possible to switch out the automatic transmission that I have in my Yaris to a manual transmission? I really don't like to drive an automatic car and I want to know if it's possible, has anyone done it successfully and what are the things I would need.

Please keep in mind that I am very dull when it comes to anything to do with car mechanics. In fact, just yesterday I felt incredibly proud of myself for finally changing the oil. I'd never done something like that but I'm sure you guys don't even blink when doing that.

Anyway, any help would be great!

P.S.
My motivation for wanting to switch out the transmission is that apart from loving to drive manual transmission, I really do love my Yaris. It's got 4 doors and it's awesome! Problem is that it's automatic! I want to keep my car but I want it to be stick shift. Thanks!