Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > New England
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-06-2007, 09:38 PM   #19
festrca

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue
Just fixed the one deficiency on my LB!

Always bemoaning the lack of a tach finally decided to take the plunge and got a ScangaugeII! I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of install and the way Toyota mounts the OBD port the cable just goes down behind the steering wheel and in back of a removable plastic piece and plugs into the port. I used the velcro to stick the indicator on top of the steering wheel housing where it is easily readable. The tach feature isn't instantaneous (changes about every second or two) but certainly is entertaining and gives a real readout of RPM's at a given speed and the thing has a huge amount of other info of which four can be displayed at a time. (Usually I have RPM,MPG,MPH and Water Temp. displayed .) It is also a trip computer. 169.99 delivered, took only three days to get here via Priority Mail. I would heartily recommend it to anyone with a LB who wants some handy info on what is going on under the hood.
festrca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:06 PM   #20
festrca

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue
10,000 mile update:
Decided it was time to get rid of the dino oil and am now on Mobil 1 5W-30 EP, selecting the oil filter took the most time since I really didn't want the cheapie Autozone one (around 2.49) and the choice at the upper end of the scale (Mobil1) cost over $12.00 which I thought was a bit much seeing I'm still going to change every 5000 so I settled for the filter in between the two by Bosch. (Someone who knows filters,your advice would be appreciated for the next change). Oil and filter ran around 34 bucks. Just for kicks with the next tank of gas I decided to see how far it would go on a tank and fill up immediately when the last bar started flashing and went 493 miles on 10.3 gallons driving just a little more conservatively than normal which averages 47.8 MPG, granted with excellent weather conditions but still very impressive to me especially considering the stuff that passes for gasoline nowadays...the Yaris rules!
festrca is offline   Reply With Quote