Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > New England
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #37
jryaris

Drives: 2009 yaris 3dr
What to do to personalize my yaris, any thoughts;
J.R
jryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:16 PM   #38
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
first get a swaybar. best first mod ever. cosmetically

there's also a shop in your area, excelerate performance that offers some yaris stuff..also cipmotoring in milford. you might wanna check either for performance needs.

http://store.excelerateperformance.com/default.aspx

http://www.cipmotorsports.com/toyotayaris.html

as always, microimageonline.com and trdsparks is a good start.
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:24 AM   #39
bad62bug
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 3dr yaris
from windsor locks ct 2008 2dr yaris
I'm still into old bugs have a 62 best time in the 1/4 is 13.0@104 turbo charged 1904cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Heh! I'm in Connecticut West (Rhode Island...)
I can get there in 30 minutes, and have lots of friends left over from my VW days, mostly in the Hartford area from the Wasserwerks club. Still miss the monthly bash up and down Rte 2 to get to meetings.
bad62bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:49 PM   #40
rtom

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3-door liftback MT
Best dealers in CT?

I don't have my Yaris yet, so I'm wondering if some dealers might be better than others...

Anyone got good or bad stories about Toyota dealerships?
rtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:12 PM   #41
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtom View Post
Best dealers in CT?

I don't have my Yaris yet, so I'm wondering if some dealers might be better than others...

Anyone got good or bad stories about Toyota dealerships?
In July of 2008, I tried to preorder my 09 5 door. I spoke with dealers all over CT and NY, with almost all of them telling me that there was not going to be a 5 door and that I should just buy one of the 3 doors on their lot. It really left me with a bad taste for quite a few of them.

I ended up ordering mine from Tri-State Toyota in Dudley, MA at the recommendation of a friend of mine who is the sales manager for a Ford dealership and who bought his wife's Corolla from them. I was completely happy with my experience with them.

A close second was A-1 Toyota in New Haven. They actually agreed with the upcoming 5 door and would have been willing to pre-order for me, if I hadn't already gotten my order in with Tri-State. They also followed up with me, once they had 5 doors on the lot.

The one that I was the most disgusted with was Greentree in Danbury. They really came across as the slimy car salespeople type.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #42
rtom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
In July of 2008, I tried to preorder my 09 5 door. I spoke with dealers all over CT and NY, with almost all of them telling me that there was not going to be a 5 door and that I should just buy one of the 3 doors on their lot. It really left me with a bad taste for quite a few of them.

I ended up ordering mine from Tri-State Toyota in Dudley, MA at the recommendation of a friend of mine who is the sales manager for a Ford dealership and who bought his wife's Corolla from them. I was completely happy with my experience with them.

A close second was A-1 Toyota in New Haven. They actually agreed with the upcoming 5 door and would have been willing to pre-order for me, if I hadn't already gotten my order in with Tri-State. They also followed up with me, once they had 5 doors on the lot.

The one that I was the most disgusted with was Greentree in Danbury. They really came across as the slimy car salespeople type.
Thanks, CTScott. I actually work and live very close to New Haven, so I will visit A-1.

I've never bought a new car before, so I am a bit ignorant about the process, though I've been trying to read about it as much as I can. One question: if you buy a new car in a state different than the state in which you live, is it very much of a pain to get it correctly registered and taxed? I'm guessing it's not that big a deal.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #43
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Thanks, CTScott. I actually work and live very close to New Haven, so I will visit A-1.

I've never bought a new car before, so I am a bit ignorant about the process, though I've been trying to read about it as much as I can. One question: if you buy a new car in a state different than the state in which you live, is it very much of a pain to get it correctly registered and taxed? I'm guessing it's not that big a deal.
This was my first out of state purchase. It turned out to be no big deal, as the MA dealer took care of getting the CT registration and plates. The registration process automatically kicks off the whole property tax piece.

Out of curiosity, what town are you in?
Old 11-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #44
rtom

I live in Guilford and work in New Haven, so a large part of my driving is just back and forth between these G'ford & NH.

I'm currently driving a 1997 Geo Metro which I still rather like, though it's getting expensive and/or time-consuming to keep it running. I now have a lot of tools, and bills for work that I don't feel comfortable doing myself (brakes, new clutch last year).

One issue for me has been how often I've needed a new exhaust: about every 2-3 years for cat-back or muffler & resonator. This year I got tired of paying others to do the work & replaced the muffler myself. But I am curious why I have such a problem. It could be because I have a gravel driveway that just stays wet all the time. Or maybe it's largely because most of my trips are just the 15 miles between work and home. Anyway, I'd like to do what I can to extend the life of the exhaust in the new car when I get it.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #45
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
I live in Guilford and work in New Haven, so a large part of my driving is just back and forth between these G'ford & NH.

I'm currently driving a 1997 Geo Metro which I still rather like, though it's getting expensive and/or time-consuming to keep it running. I now have a lot of tools, and bills for work that I don't feel comfortable doing myself (brakes, new clutch last year).

One issue for me has been how often I've needed a new exhaust: about every 2-3 years for cat-back or muffler & resonator. This year I got tired of paying others to do the work & replaced the muffler myself. But I am curious why I have such a problem. It could be because I have a gravel driveway that just stays wet all the time. Or maybe it's largely because most of my trips are just the 15 miles between work and home. Anyway, I'd like to do what I can to extend the life of the exhaust in the new car when I get it.

Interesting. It may just be a quality issue with the Geo's exhaust. My past three cars, prior to my Yaris. were a Mitsubishi Expo LRV, which I put 150K on and the factory SS exhaust was still perfect on, a Subaru Forrester, which had 118K with the factory exhaust still good, and my Xterra, which has 55K and the exhaust is still fine. My commute was a similar ~15 mile one when I had the Expo and the Forrester.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:33 PM   #46
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
yeah i heard that car had issues with exhausts. i had a friend that changed his a couple times before giving up.
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #47
rtom

One thing I like about the Geo is that it's a pretty easy car to work on -- not much different than a large lawnmower!

What do you guys think about the Yaris -- in 10 years will we be cursing how hard it is to get to certain areas of the engine, etc? The worst is when something that breaks a lot is really hard to get to.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #48
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
One thing I like about the Geo is that it's a pretty easy car to work on -- not much different than a large lawnmower!

What do you guys think about the Yaris -- in 10 years will we be cursing how hard it is to get to certain areas of the engine, etc? The worst is when something that breaks a lot is really hard to get to.
It's by far the easiest car to work on (both inside and under the hood) that I've ever owned. Thanks to Crashy I've also taken one further apart than I've ever had a car apart as well.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:37 AM   #49
ctrj

Drives: 07 Yaris Sdn, 97 4Runner
I bought one of the first Yaris (might even had been the first) Sedans from A1 Toyota in New Haven. I used to drive from Hamden to Greenwich 5 days a week. I would recommend A1 to anyone who needs a Toyota. Even after we moved away, our salesman still calls to make sure things are okay.

ctrj is offline   Reply With Quote