Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2009, 01:55 AM   #1
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
DIY Oil Pressure Gauge Install

This DIY is to show how I installed an Autometer C2 Oil Pressure Gauge. I did not take pictures along the way because the install took several weeks. I have gather a bunch of post-installation pictures and diagrams that should lead you towards your own installation.

A typical electric oil pressure gauge system is quite simple. It consists of a sensor, a cable, and the gauge itself.

The sender unit can be installed two ways. You can remove the factory oil pressure sensor and screw the new sensor into the factory tap. Doing so means that your OIL idiot light will no long work. Also, from the name of the device, the factory oil pressure switch seems to have only two settings...OFF or ON.

My supercharger intake manifold blocks my access to the factory oil pressure switch, so I decided to use a sandwich plate between the engine block and the oil filter. I got mine from Glowshift (thanks to Camelll for showing me this particular one).

In order to install the sandwich plate, the oil filter has to come off. Since my car is lowered, I stole someone's idea on this forum and built a homemade ramp to give me some room to work. It actually raised the car enough for me to get my body underneath the car if I wanted to. Who ever posted this idea, kudos to you!

Last edited by LtNoogie; 03-21-2009 at 03:45 AM.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote