Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-13-2011, 11:35 PM   #37
broody

Drives: Yaris 3dr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy1 View Post
well, the interior outlay and materials are still the cheapest looking in the class, but id agree...

...still better than the 07-'11 version in every possible way. i might have kept my yaris hatch if it had this layout. i just couldnt take the barren, unwelcoming, cheap cabin in that car.

BTW, any new owners...di they make fifth gear any taller in the manual transmission....what are the rpm's at 70 mph? since the mileage went up 2 mpg's on the highway, i wonder if that was a factor.
What did you smoke? The yaris materials are the best in the category, with the Fiesta.

When I test drove the car, the rpm seemed to be about the same as before on the highway, so it's still a bit short, but when you are used to the Honda fit (almost 3000rpm at 60mph) it's allright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
no...just about any car newer than 05 is better than the echo, lol

i mean the interior was nicer and had a better layout than the 06-11 yaris

however, i didnt like that they got rid of the 2 upper storage/glove boxes. but honestly the new seats and non-center-mounted gauges make up for just about anything. 60/40 split bench doesnt hurt either

What's sad about the rear seats is that we loose the adjustable seat back (in angle). I don't know if the higher trims still have the rails, but I don't think so...
broody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:22 AM   #38
roxy1

Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by broody View Post
What did you smoke? The yaris materials are the best in the category, with the Fiesta.
that makes me think you havent bothered sitting in a fiesta.

look, i dont like the fiesta at all. but, the interior is of WAY better material quality in the fiesta.

much of the plastic (as has been discussed previously) in the yaris has this shreeded paper kind of texture. it feels and looks cheap, maybe even cheaper than the previous yaris.
roxy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:29 AM   #39
broody

Drives: Yaris 3dr 2009
The fiesta has a soft touch dash for sure, but the rest of the plastics (on the doors, around the center console, etc.) are hard and don't have a grain as nice as the ones on the yaris. And the cloth isn't any better.
broody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #40
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
did you guys notice that the se/rs i guess for 2012 had a different front bumper vs base model..

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the object. Torque is how far you move that object.."

Last edited by marcus; 11-14-2011 at 01:30 PM.
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:05 AM   #41
Scubaru Steve
Awesome!

Drives: 12 Yaris/07 yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy1 View Post
that makes me think you havent bothered sitting in a fiesta.

look, i dont like the fiesta at all. but, the interior is of WAY better material quality in the fiesta.

much of the plastic (as has been discussed previously) in the yaris has this shreeded paper kind of texture. it feels and looks cheap, maybe even cheaper than the previous yaris.
i love the cheep look of the back side of the rear seats of the fiesta! everyone likes steel rather then fabric lol!!
Scubaru Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:28 AM   #42
roxy1

Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubaru Steve View Post
i love the cheep look of the back side of the rear seats of the fiesta! everyone likes steel rather then fabric lol!!
unfortunately, most of us dont drive while sitting in the cargo area.
roxy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #43
sushiic

Drives: 3 Door HB
Nice car! Nice pics.

I wonder if U.S. will get Blizzard Pearl color? It would be a great alternative to white!
sushiic is offline   Reply With Quote