Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 12:00 AM   #1
sniper05
 
Drives: Yari
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Philippines
Posts: 7
1NZ-FE rev issue

Hi..can I join in this thread.

I am seeking for a person who can help me with my 1NZ-FE 1.5L.
with this forum I am inspired to change my stock engine to 1NZ-FE 1.5L. I further fell in-love with the engine when it starts perfectly with smooth idle speed and sound (can't even hear it running).

the only issue is that when we do sudden (rev or accelerate) the engine in full..it will cut the revolution or acceleration causing a revving sound. but in slow to moderate acceleration the engine run smoothly.

I will be forever grateful to anyone who can help me. Happy new year to all.
sniper05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:17 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper05 View Post
Hi..can I join in this thread.

I am seeking for a person who can help me with my 1NZ-FE 1.5L.
with this forum I am inspired to change my stock engine to 1NZ-FE 1.5L. I further fell in-love with the engine when it starts perfectly with smooth idle speed and sound (can't even hear it running).

the only issue is that when we do sudden (rev or accelerate) the engine in full..it will cut the revolution or acceleration causing a revving sound. but in slow to moderate acceleration the engine run smoothly.

I will be forever grateful to anyone who can help me. Happy new year to all.
It sounds like you are hitting the rev limiter. Do you have a tachometer, and if so, where are the RPMs when it occurs?
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
sniper05
 
Drives: Yari
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Philippines
Posts: 7
CTScott,

Thanks a lot for your reply..a perfect way to start my 2014.
my stock cluster gauge dont have rpm meter, but on the tacho gauge...its between 20-30 kph at sudden full rev/acceleration.

thanks a lot..I really hope I can solve this issue with your help.
sniper05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper05 View Post
CTScott,

Thanks a lot for your reply..a perfect way to start my 2014.
my stock cluster gauge dont have rpm meter, but on the tacho gauge...its between 20-30 kph at sudden full rev/acceleration.

thanks a lot..I really hope I can solve this issue with your help.
I would hook up a tachometer or OBD device to see what the RPMs are when it occurs. I really think that you are hitting the rev limit for the engine.
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:29 AM   #5
sniper05
 
Drives: Yari
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Philippines
Posts: 7
CTScott
The rpm is around 2.5-3rpm or 3000rpm..then it will cut the engine.
Can help me solve this rev limit?

Thank you.
sniper05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:41 AM   #6
sniper05
 
Drives: Yari
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Philippines
Posts: 7
Hello CTScott,

Can you help me with my 1nz-fe rev limite..it will cut the engine at 2500 rpm.

Thanks
sniper05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:02 AM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper05 View Post
Hello CTScott,

Can you help me with my 1nz-fe rev limite..it will cut the engine at 2500 rpm.

Thanks
If it cuts out at 2500 it isn't the rev limiter. There is a slight hesitation around 2500 to 3000 when the VVTI activation begins, but it is not a significant cut out.

Can you post a video of what actually occurs?
__________________
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:09 AM   #8
sniper05
 
Drives: Yari
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Philippines
Posts: 7
okay, we will connect an after market rpm gauge..and have it run then take a video for you to evaluate. thanks a lot.
sniper05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:21 AM   #9
Viperoni
 
Drives: 2005 Toyota Echo
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Brampton, ON
Posts: 505
I believe 2500rpm is where a rev-cut happens if you're throwing a code for something fairly important *AND* for a Check Engine Light circuit issue.

So your CEL might be burned out, and you may be throwing a code for something, and because you wouldn't know that you are throwing a code, the 2500rpm is rev-cut is the only other way the OBD2 system can inform you of an issue.
__________________
2006 Saturn Ion Redline
2005 Toyota Echo RS 4dr hatch - Cyl #3 bad - sold
2000 Toyota Echo 2dr coupe - The track car - rusty & scrapped
Viperoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:14 PM   #10
sniper05
 
Drives: Yari
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Philippines
Posts: 7
Hi all,

thanks for sharing you expertise..high salute to all. we finally figured out what went wrong. our mechanic missed 1 positive wire..this time the engine roars and am totally happy now. though one minor issue occurred in fuel system. I hope CTScott can help me. I did pm him.
sniper05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Air Conditioner Noise & Leak? Dawn Eshelman DIY / Maintenance / Service 116 07-21-2015 01:22 PM
Rev Issue On Idle SePtRa DIY / Maintenance / Service 7 07-29-2013 12:10 PM
yaris voltage issue yaris2010RS DIY / Maintenance / Service 11 12-29-2012 04:20 PM
08 HB DRL Issue BruceLee Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) 3 02-18-2012 10:59 PM
Hyper Rev: Vol# 108 Vitz (No. 3) **IN STOCK & READY TO SHIP** KamiSpeed Sponsors Classifieds Area 1 03-03-2007 01:50 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:30 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.