Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Middle East
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-10-2007, 03:12 PM   #19
dartt

Drives: YARIS '07 4D
Don't know yet... my Yaris run barely half as much!
dartt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:27 PM   #20
la panique
zhen zhong, it's big!

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
I was in Saudi last december at the air base in Khamis Mushayt, no one obeyed the speed limit and I almost got smashed two or three times while driving our Mercedes cargo van. Some speed demons I tell you! ;)

Saw some pretty cool cars, i wish we had the new Saudi Luminas and Caprices.
la panique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:22 PM   #21
BARUMBADO

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan
@la panique

Quote:
Originally Posted by la panique View Post
I was in Saudi last december at the air base in Khamis Mushayt, no one obeyed the speed limit and I almost got smashed two or three times while driving our Mercedes cargo van. Some speed demons I tell you! ;)

Saw some pretty cool cars, i wish we had the new Saudi Luminas and Caprices.
new lumina and caprice all over the kingdom. yep, F1 drivers around so better be quick and keep an eye on those 3 mirrors....
Old 09-16-2007, 03:16 AM   #22
ricepower

Drives: Yaris Y Sedan
Send a message via MSN to ricepower Send a message via Yahoo to ricepower
Khobar Area

Kabayan,

Gilbert @k@ du2efs(yarisworld, grupotoyota)

Just got my Yaris from Toyota(ALJ) on February and rollin from Khobar-JUbail daily..

du2efs
Alkhobar, KSA

Yaris Sedan(1.3) Y 8R3 Pacific Blue Metallic
ricepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:00 AM   #23
dartt

Quote:
Originally Posted by du2efs View Post
Kabayan,

Just got my Yaris from Toyota(ALJ) on February and rollin from Khobar-JUbail daily..

du2efs
Alkhobar, KSA

'Pre du2efs, kumusta, nadagdagan na rin ang dadalawang Noypi na nag-uusap dito... sana ay dumami pa tayo. I saw your post at the Noypi thread on Keyless Entry kit from ALJ, may I know if this includes the Power Central Door locks in addition to the remote? I have only a base sedan where everything in it is manual that I took from AutoStar.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:16 PM   #24
ricepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartt View Post
'Pre du2efs, kumusta, nadagdagan na rin ang dadalawang Noypi na nag-uusap dito... sana ay dumami pa tayo. I saw your post at the Noypi thread on Keyless Entry kit from ALJ, may I know if this includes the Power Central Door locks in addition to the remote? I have only a base sedan where everything in it is manual that I took from AutoStar.
paps,

Since you are having the sedan basic...Power central doorlock is thru remote only. It comes in a kit with ALJ. Also with the trunk release since walang trunk release sa driver side ung basic sedan.

If I were you and have extra mola..Buy the harness only from ALJ and look for descent remote/keyless entry kit aftermarket like autopage.. Para plug n play lang ang mga wirings mo at walang putol. I prefer also na bili ka ng splice/tap connector sa SACO para d ka magpuputol.

FYI, ung binebenta sa ALJ is not genuine Toyota..As per my info is pinagawa sa malaysia at linagyan ng toyota logo+ALJ.

Register ka sa www.grupotoyota.com.ph

Ramadan Kareem!

du2efs
Old 09-16-2007, 05:24 PM   #25
dartt

Thanks a lot 'Pre... indeed, very informative!
Old 09-16-2007, 06:42 PM   #26
sboy
Yaris Sedan 2007

Drives: toyota yaris sedan 2007
hi guys!!! im a bit late though.

sboy here from riyadh too. i just read dartt's posts regarding accesories for our car, im so interested. im planning of installing car alarm/keyless entry and fog lamps. pls. give me the contact numbers. thanks.

so, when will be the "1st Yaris Meet, Riyadh"?
sboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:16 AM   #27
ricepower

Quote:
Thanks a lot 'Pre... indeed, very informative!
In addition, try to ask TOYOTA ALJ for their KASBAN card(service card). For my yaris Y, I paid SR3,500 for the 60,000km maintenance or 3 yrs whichever comes first. If you compute your expenses till 60k, it may come up to SR8000. Worth a savings..

If you have this card, u will not pay even a single halala to ALJ for periodic maintenance and u can wait within 1 hour only.

Mabuhay!

du2efs - Gilbert
Old 09-17-2007, 05:25 AM   #28
ricepower

Quote:
Well... still the summer heat is on but my Yaris muscles its way through that high summer temperatures everyday without qualms. My only concern with my Jade Sea Met base sedan is the lack of a cabin air filter. I have to fashion out a DIY filter tray and used a readily available foam type room A/C filter as the filter medium. I have selected this material for its higher dust retention level & better air intake
+1 for the DIY
Old 09-17-2007, 12:42 PM   #29
dartt

Quote:
In addition, try to ask TOYOTA ALJ for their KASBAN card(service card). For my yaris Y, I paid SR3,500 for the 60,000km maintenance or 3 yrs whichever comes first. If you compute your expenses till 60k, it may come up to SR8000. Worth a savings..

If you have this card, u will not pay even a single halala to ALJ for periodic maintenance and u can wait within 1 hour only.

Mabuhay!

du2efs - Gilbert
Thanks "du2efs" for the suggestion, certainly that service card scheme looks attractive but I'm afraid I don't have that much to let go now, nevertheless very much appreciated and I'll think it over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sboy View Post

sboy here from riyadh too. i just read dartt's posts regarding accesories for our car, im so interested. im planning of installing car alarm/keyless entry and fog lamps. pls. give me the contact numbers. thanks.

Hi SBoy, I have sent you the installer contact details - check your inbox.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:12 PM   #30
BARUMBADO

@du2efs

Quote:
Kabayan,

du2efs
Alkhobar, KSA

@du2efs,

padre, your handle rings a bell, parang nakausap na kita sa GT when i was still in PI. amateurista ka ba, your handle says it eh kaya natatandaan kita.

dito na ako sa riyadh and driving a yaris (syempre toyota pa rin).

do you mean Al Jomaiha (ALJ) tama ba?

di ko pa naasikaso ang central lock+keyless entry ng yaris ko eh.

salamat po.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:18 PM   #31
BARUMBADO

@sboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sboy View Post

@sboy,

padre, as-in sa likod ba ng manila plaza bldg?

let's go for a riyadh meet! i can make it past 8:30PM though. coffee or tea will do, we got no other choice anyway.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:57 AM   #32
dartt

Bar... I think ALJ is Abdul Latif Jameel, Toyota.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:42 PM   #33
BARUMBADO

@dartt

Quote:
@dartt,
Thanks for the info ha.

meron ba ALJ dito sa riyad? saan kaya?
Old 09-22-2007, 02:44 PM   #34
BARUMBADO

@dartt

Quote:
@dartt,
Thanks for the info.

is there an ALJ toyota here in riyad? or where in riyadh?

Thanks bro.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:32 PM   #35
dartt

The ALJ-Toyota that I know of is that located at Olaya Main Road after the former Dallah Driving School if you are coming from Batha, it is almost at the end of Olaya Main Road and besides Lexus. It is also at the end of line of those passenger mini-buses plying the Batha-Olaya route.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:38 PM   #36
BARUMBADO

@dartt

Quote:
The ALJ-Toyota that I know of is that located at Olaya Main Road after the former Dallah Driving School if you are coming from Batha, it is almost at the end of Olaya Main Road and besides Lexus. It is also at the end of line of those passenger mini-buses plying the Batha-Olaya route.
thank bro.