Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-13-2006, 09:50 PM   #1
tomjasz
Banned

Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
MacNeil Automotive products misrepresentations

I purchased MacNeil W71 and W20 front and back rubber mats. They were listed as the sizes for 2007 Yaris LB. They arrive and were marked as fitting "Camry". I called customer support and was told they were the proper fit "what we sell for the Yaris". THE FIT TOTALLY SUCKED!!! I called again and was told, "we tell you over and over they are not custom fit". Here's what the web site says after linking to a 2007 LB.......

"Classic™ Premium Rubber Mats

The WeatherTech® Classic™ Premium Rubber Floor Mats are made out of natural heavy-duty rubber. These all-weather mats have deeply sculpted channels designed to trap water, road salt, mud and sand. Made of up to 16 lbs. of pliable natural rubber, these mats won't curl, crack or harden in sub-zero weather. Our Classic™ mats also have anti-skid ridges to prevent shifting in your vehicle and come with a protective, non-stick finish to make cleanup quick and easy.

WeatherTech® Classic™ Premium Rubber Floor Mats meet FMVSS302, are TUV approved, and are manufactured to ISO 9001 standards, your assurance of quality. Choose from Black, Tan or Grey to complement virtually any interior color.

Available for most cars, trucks, SUV's or minivans.

Rear mats are designed to be trimmed so that they may be customized to fit almost any vehicle."

Nothing about the front mats being over 4" over sized with NO provision to trim. They arrived marked for a "camry".

FUK MACNEIL!!!! 100USD for mats that are NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!
BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!
tomjasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:17 PM   #2
riceboy

Drives: icebox
100USD why didn't you buy the OEM from the dealer?
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:00 PM   #3
tomjasz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceboy
100USD why didn't you buy the OEM from the dealer?

Have you seen the OEM? About as cheap as the Yaris carpet......The MacNeil product is really a nice mat, just misrepresented as to fit....
Old 10-13-2006, 11:17 PM   #4
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
I bought some front seat and back seat floor mats from Wal-Mart that fit very well. They also have the deep channels that collect water and dirt. Super easy to clean, fits well and best of all, the four mats cost less than $20.

I bought WeatherTech / MacNeil Automotive side window deflectors and they fit perfectly. Nice quality too.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:34 AM   #5
tomjasz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
I bought some front seat and back seat floor mats from Wal-Mart that fit very well. They also have the deep channels that collect water and dirt. Super easy to clean, fits well and best of all, the four mats cost less than $20.

I bought WeatherTech / MacNeil Automotive side window deflectors and they fit perfectly. Nice quality too.

Walmart suks, unless you prefer to support the chinese economy....
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/walmart/

You are correct on the deflectors, which is why I expected better fitting mats...
Old 10-14-2006, 05:41 AM   #6
IsLNdbOi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjasz

You are correct on the deflectors, which is why I expected better fitting mats...

Wal-Mart is owned by Chinese?

Anyway, the cardboard thing stuck to the mats said they were made in the USA.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:52 AM   #7
tomjasz
Banned

Quote:
Wal-Mart is owned by Chinese?

Anyway, the cardboard thing stuck to the mats said they were made in the USA.
Jeez kid read and learn, thats why the link was provided....
Old 10-22-2006, 02:03 PM   #8
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:

SO TRUE! I spend probably $15 a year at Walmart out of desperation... otherwise I'll go all out and visit a TARGET! At least they have health care.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 05:47 PM   #9
KSIbucky

Drives: 2007 Yaris manual dark silver
Send a message via AIM to KSIbucky Send a message via MSN to KSIbucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles
SO TRUE! I spend probably $15 a year at Walmart out of desperation... otherwise I'll go all out and visit a TARGET! At least they have health care.
targets owned by a out of nation company
Blitz exhaust
Megan Lowering Springs
(Next is DC Header)
KSIbucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:13 PM   #10
tomjasz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSIbucky
targets owned by a out of nation company

when did Minnesota secede from the union?
Old 10-22-2006, 02:51 PM   #11
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous

Drives: 09 Yaris LE, H/B, auto
Quote:

You bought an Asian built car but won't support an asian owned company?
Last time I looked every person working in a US or Candian walmart was a US or Canadian citizen.
Take away all the walmarts and you take away a LOT of Amaerican jobs.

Last edited by 07WYarisRS; 10-24-2006 at 02:32 PM.
07WYarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:02 PM   #12
xfatefailsx07
Lean Wit It. Rock Wit It.

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan - 5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07WYarisRS
Last time I looked every person working in a US or Candian walmart was a US or Canadian citizen.
Take away all the walmarts and you take away a LOT of jobs.
strong point proven.... which i stand by totally
Old 10-23-2006, 01:39 AM   #13
IsLNdbOi

Quote:
I've seen him post stuff like that in other threads. Just have to ignore people that think like him.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:04 PM   #14
tomjasz
Banned

Quote:
I've seen him post stuff like that in other threads. Just have to ignore people that think like him.

Kids should read more....

"WAL-MART, HANES, J.C. PENNEY AND PUMA SWEATSHOP SCANDAL
Major U.S. clothing companies continue to exploit children in overseas sweatshops. In the latest in a series of reports from the National Labor Committee (NLC), brand name Wal-Mart, Hanes, J.C. Penney, and Puma clothes have been traced to a Bangladesh sweatshop. An estimated 200 children, some under eleven years of age, are being forced to work over 100 hours per week and are being paid six and a half cents per hour to make these clothes. "It is time for these U.S. companies to act immediately, today, to guarantee that this does not happen and that the children are returned to school," said Charles Kernaghan, director of the NLC. Check out OCA's Clothes for a Change campaign to learn more about organic and fair trade clothes and textiles. http://www.organicconsumers.org/clothes/"
Old 10-23-2006, 02:18 AM   #15
Terrorize
Toyota Newb!!

Drives: Yaris S Sedan w/ Aero Package!
Quote:
Totally agree....plus no one really supports either party's economy more than the other by buying a product...it's a joint thing...you support them and in turn also support your own economy..

So what if you support the Chinese or Japanese Economy? They also bring the money they earned and spend it in North American in tourism dollars...or their countries buy stuff from us too...
Terrorize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:01 PM   #16
tomjasz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorize
Totally agree....plus no one really supports either party's economy more than the other by buying a product...it's a joint thing...you support them and in turn also support your own economy..

So what if you support the Chinese or Japanese Economy? They also bring the money they earned and spend it in North American in tourism dollars...or their countries buy stuff from us too...

Obviously you have no understanding of the term "trade deficit". Sheesh...
Walmart is singely responsible for near 15% thaT'S ONE COMPANY!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 11:58 AM   #17
tomjasz
Banned

Quote:
If you take a few moments to do just a bit of research you'll find that China is one of the most incidious polluters on the planet. Dead rivers filled with toxic waste. Fisheman with open sores from contact with the water. China is a drving force behind petrol demand polluting the planet at incredible rates and all teh while taking more and more jobs from Americans and Europeans. I find that to be an unfair advantage. How the fuk do you make a correlation lumping all Asian contries as being the same? Or is it because you think they all look alike? I bought a JAPANESE CAR not an Asian car. All my other Toyota vehicles were built by Americans. China has no investment in the US. Walmart preys on lower income Americans and provides few benefits to it's workers.

Old 10-24-2006, 03:26 PM   #18
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous

Drives: 09 Yaris LE, H/B, auto
Quote:
If you take a few moments to do just a bit of research you'll find that China is one of the most incidious polluters on the planet. Dead rivers filled with toxic waste. Fisheman with open sores from contact with the water. China is a drving force behind petrol demand polluting the planet at incredible rates and all teh while taking more and more jobs from Americans and Europeans. I find that to be an unfair advantage. How the fuk do you make a correlation lumping all Asian contries as being the same? Or is it because you think they all look alike? I bought a JAPANESE CAR not an Asian car. All my other Toyota vehicles were built by Americans. China has no investment in the US. Walmart preys on lower income Americans and provides few benefits to it's workers.

SO?
An califinia is the worst on our side of the world...
go figure

"Walmart preys on lower income Americans and provides few benefits to it's workers. "

Yeah so they take people that may otherwise be homeles or far less off and give them a steady paycheck. So phuckin what they don't get great or even decent benifits at least they have enough $$$ to survive. The little guy needs to eat to.

Just sitting here at my desk I look at a few things within arms reach
Powerbar Made in china.
Harmon Kardon sound system made in china
CA mircophone made in china
Microsoft wireless mouse made in china
picture frame made in china
pen holder made in chin
leather chair made in china
CDrack made in china
desk light made in china
Rayovac and Chicago Electric nickle meta hydride batterys Made in china
Chicago electric Battery charge made in china
GE phone made in china even the battery inside was made in china
Digital Cam made in china
3com web cam made in china
wireless head set made in china
RCA TV and remote made in china

If you think you bought a car that contains no products or supplies from CHINA you got another thing comming.
Just like there are no big all american made cars anymore... That all have parts and components from all over the world.
Some from China, Japan, Thailand, korea
Same with Harley. One of their largest producing plants is the fatboy plant in Brazil. Bang goes thoes American jobs.

If you don't want to support the country you had better take a walk around you home and toss out everything made in china. That means everything including things like DVD's cd, power cables, remotes, lightbulbs, furniture, clothing etc.
Then you need to check what all the American made products you have and make sure the product suppies are not supplied from China.
I highly doubt ond navy or the American eagle manufacture thier own own zippers, rivets and buttons. I wonder where they come from.

I mean come on....
How many other stores do you boycott because that sell or are owned by chineese people.