Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
Roger2012Yaris
I've made a post!

Drives: 2012 Yaris LE
Antenna wire; Canadian LE model

Hello.

New here; sorry if this has been discussed already...

I've swapped out the factory radio and speakers. All was going great until I had a look at the antenna plug... yeesh! This is definatley not a Motorola nor is it one of those plugs with the two round pins. Instead, this is a square plug with a few contact points on each side. I've tried my local dealership and audio shops; no one's got an adapter!

I decided to take matters into my own hands and purchased a Motorola plug. I then cut the antenna connector in the car, being careful to leave enough wire to splice the oem back in along with my Motorola. This is where the next surprise popped up. Counting the shield, there are five wires to connect - the shield, red and black (for amplification, I think) and then two more wires within the shielded sleeve. This is where I expected a single wire but ended up with green and yellow.

I did see a post where someone found an adapter on eBay, but this doesn't look like what I need.

Uh... help?!?!?!

Thanks.

Roger
Roger2012Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote