Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-09-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
FcukThis

Drives: yaris
OEM interior color ?

Just finished creating some door pods .. Speakers too fat to fit in original locations. (width wise / depth wise )

Does anyone happen to know where i can find a can of OEM paint that will match the yaris' interior spot on ?
I drive a 07 yaris Sedan. Interior color - Charcoal ?

stock

pods added :

Just need to clean up the hairline where the filler meets the plastic..Sand it down and taper it off to make it 'One with the door'.. Then fill in the baby holes. Dont diss too hard. Its a first.
FcukThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:04 AM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
that is awesome, nicely done.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:26 AM   #3
FcukThis

Lol thanks.

But seriously no one knows ?!
Think i should just grab some SEM paints.. shoot and just try to find somethin ?
Old 03-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #4
SeaYa
Is about to 'SeaYa' later

Drives: 08 MT Sedan
You could try Import Paints flat gray/charcoal, but since you are painting wood (with a smooth finish?), and are trying to match it to a textured finish, the color will always look a little different just because of the way the light will come off a smooth vs. textured surface even with flat finishes. I'd try a contrast or accent color, or paint the entire panel with a close flat color. Depends on how close of a color match is acceptable to you. Good luck, and props for cutting into it!

You can also try regular flat krylon and coat it with flat clear. I did this in white for my interior door grabs and it looks pretty good.
SeaYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #5
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
Pods look great Try a local bodyshop. They usually have specialty guys that have like 100 different shades of interior paint for that kind of stuff.
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
might be able to bring a piece of the color to a auto paint shop .. some places can make you spray cans up .. maybe they can custom match
Old 03-11-2009, 12:27 AM   #7
Sodium Duck
╚══════════RN

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Sodium Duck
Cover your doors in leather instead. =P lol
Old 03-11-2009, 12:30 AM   #8
Carpe_Diem
sells rhymes like dimes

Drives: 08 LB MM
Send a message via AIM to Carpe_Diem
suede! or tweed. that'd be sooo sick.
Carpe_Diem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:18 PM   #9
FcukThis

Haha Thanks guys. I'll grab a few cans and test it out. i heard SEM carries tons of oem stock paints.

Yeah i was originally just guna take it to the shop and have them paint it.. But i'm not diggin the fact of the cost. *Too scared to get a quote*. Saving it for a last option though.

I was hoping that i could some how vinyl the doorpod.. But there's nothing to wrap! I'm vinyl'ing my a-pillars and amp rack though.. I'll post pics of that once i finish :D..
Is it possible to wrap the pods off in something ? Anyone have experience with this ?