Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-18-2008, 04:35 AM   #19
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIPNGAS View Post
Well said..things we so easily forget and take for granted.

Please know we ARE your second family and you will be in our hearts while yours is getting better and beyond...
+1 on that, and remember on the lighter side of things , what does not kill us , makes us stronger.
Happy holidays
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:50 AM   #20
SailDesign

Drives: .
I wish you all the best on this one (and for everything else, come to that!).
Money may not be able to buy you love, but it can mend a broken heart...
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:57 AM   #21
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Hope everything will be fine and successful. You'll be in my prayers, buddy.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:56 AM   #22
elmo
WFO

Drives: 2008 hb
one of the guys i work with has the same condition, got the pacemaker and he is fine !!
elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:50 AM   #23
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
This has been on my mind since last night and I am sure your's too.

It really is a new lease on life which is better than not knowing or ignoring the health problem.

I am willing to bet that you will be back here within days of the operation and back to work very quickly. Milk it out a bit.... it is the holiday season.

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #24
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
wow, that is kinda freaky, and yes, like most previous posters have mentioned, really good that you are able to do something about it now. I sincerely hope the operation goes well and that you have many many heart-trouble-free years ahead

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:23 PM   #25
Bob_VT

Going to be a PITA...... Give us updates when you can.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:53 PM   #26
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
Best of luck man .. sorry to hear. I'm truning 26 myself on Sunday and it scares me that these things can happen at a young age.

Keep us posted.

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Treyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:42 AM   #27
Bob_VT

bump

Old 12-19-2008, 12:11 PM   #28
||)) (o) ||\||
- Donnie Demonic -

Drives: '07 Yaris Sedan Sport
- Update -

Yesterday was my echo which showed no abnormalities in my heart whatsoever. So now I am really baffling doctors. This morning I received a phone call from my cardiologist. I was expecting to be told what day and time I would be having my surgery. Instead, he informs me that he had just consulted a electrophysiologist (sp?). He is a doctor that specializes in the electrical system of the body. They have come to the conclusion that since my symptoms havent been severe enough yet, and they are post-poning my pace maker. Symptoms severe enough would have to include fainting/passing out. So, basically they are saying until I pass out from my heart slowly coming to a stop, they are putting it off. Sounds shitty huh? Yeah, thats what I thought. To elaborate on what I have been experiencing, at randoms times of the day, up to 20 or 30 times, or some days none, and somtimes days apart, I get a sinking feeling in my chest. I realize my heart is not beating. Just as fast as I realize that, I feel a "thump" in my chest. Which is my heart kicking back in, and continues to beat normally. Its a pretty scary feeling. SO for now, I have to play the waiting game...

To all of you kind souls that have expessed so much love I cannot tell you how much your words have meant to me. You all have truly made my past few days of craziness easier. I thank you from the bottom of my bum ticker ;)
||)) (o) ||\|| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:44 AM   #29
GeneW
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ||)) (o) ||\|| View Post
- Update -

Yesterday was my echo which showed no abnormalities in my heart whatsoever. So now I am really baffling doctors. This morning I received a phone call from my cardiologist. I was expecting to be told what day and time I would be having my surgery. Instead, he informs me that he had just consulted a electrophysiologist (sp?). He is a doctor that specializes in the electrical system of the body. They have come to the conclusion that since my symptoms havent been severe enough yet, and they are post-poning my pace maker. Symptoms severe enough would have to include fainting/passing out. So, basically they are saying until I pass out from my heart slowly coming to a stop, they are putting it off. Sounds shitty huh? Yeah, thats what I thought. SO for now, I have to play the waiting game...
No, you don't have to play the "Waiting Game". You get a second opinion from someone who isn't affiliated with the first cardiologist and electrophysiologist. Contact your Insurance Carrier as soon as you can do so and see if they'll pay for second opinion. Many plans will because a second opinion buys the patient time to get treatment while problems are small, before something awful happens that wracks up huge hospital bills.

Let's face it - you're still having symptoms... why not see if there is something that these two missed... such as diet, odd diseases, metabolic issues or what have you?

This was the point of my last post - the nice compliant patients get wasted after the hard heads died of being hard heads. The bastards who took care of themselves lived the longest.

The "bastards" who never said "Die" and never took anyone's word as gospel would do their homework and demand good care. The record that I saw was a guy who survive twenty six years on dialysis. Miserable SOB but he survived. Yes, he did what his doctor advised, if it made sense to him. He called his own shots.

My best friends Mom died last summer, a dozen years after being diagnosed with thyroid cancer. Five years after initial diagnosis of her disease the first team she dealt with had given her the "maximum lifetime dose" of Iodine-123 and told her that all she could get was "palliative care". In other words shuffle off to a hospice and die.

She and her son would not have any of that - they did some Internet work and discovered a program that was more aggressive. A few phone calls, some visits and lab work and the first team was given their walking papers. She fired them and signed up the hard asses.

She got more Iodine and more chemo and worked her ass off to be healthier.

She got five more good years, time to spend with her kids, friends and living. The last year was a bitch but not different than what would have happened six years before.

Seriously - get your records and start doing your own detective work. Don't take anyone's word as Gospel. For a Doctor it's not an insult to question what they say, but it is hurtful to them if you don't take care of business. Do not fight with them, take care of yourself.

Gene

Last edited by GeneW; 12-20-2008 at 04:47 AM.
GeneW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:37 AM   #30
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Good luck to you. Wish you all the best.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:59 AM   #31
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
Gene is brilliant. Take his advice, call your insurance carrier and get a second opinion. This isn't a broken bone that we're talking about. This is your HEART. That sinking feeling you get must be absolutely terrifying!

Still keeping you in my thoughts...

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
SIPNGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:59 AM   #32
PreciousPups4U
I really LOVE this car!!!

Drives: 08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Agreed, get a second opinion. If you wreck your car you get at least a couple of estimates, right? Well my god, this is your heart after all. Seems like that requires a second opinion. Heck maybe a third, fourth, and fifth opinion or whatever it takes. Surely another opinion can't hurt and maybe will give you some piece of mind.

Good luck. We are all with you.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

PreciousPups4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:46 AM   #33
||)) (o) ||\||
- Donnie Demonic -

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneW View Post

Gene
Lets face it, you dont know me, and you dont know exactly what I have been through the past week. You misunderstood me if you thought I meant I was "giving up". I AM going to pursue this further. By no means have I ever said "die". I sure as Hell dont plan on it now. I guess I just wanted to relax a bit after this whirlwind of bullshit just suddenly seemed like it wasnt so bad. I havent had any sinking or thump feelings since this past Monday. I have a follow-up appointment on January 14th to see where we want or can go with this. As for my cardiologists, they are the best in the surrounding area from what I have been told by many people including Doctors. As for my health, we have gone over my diet and blood. Plus I had a cardiogram. With all of them being perfectly normal and/or pefectly healthy. Thats why they, and myself are all like wtf?
Old 12-21-2008, 02:29 AM   #34
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Mate !!! keeping positive like you are, is the biggest thing, and being arround friends (us)
can only help as well .
it must be the season of bad news , a very close friend of mine has just been told they have
a inopperable brain tuma, located in the centre of the brain, and the worst part of that , is it feeds on addrenalin, not good when your a adrenalin junky.
But back to you , take care and our thoughts and prairs go out to you and your family.
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:37 PM   #35
GeneW
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ||)) (o) ||\|| View Post
Lets face it, you dont know me, and you dont know exactly what I have been through the past week. You misunderstood me if you thought I meant I was "giving up". I AM going to pursue this further. By no means have I ever said "die". I sure as Hell dont plan on it now. I guess I just wanted to relax a bit after this whirlwind of bullshit just suddenly seemed like it wasnt so bad. I havent had any sinking or thump feelings since this past Monday. I have a follow-up appointment on January 14th to see where we want or can go with this. As for my cardiologists, they are the best in the surrounding area from what I have been told by many people including Doctors. As for my health, we have gone over my diet and blood. Plus I had a cardiogram. With all of them being perfectly normal and/or pefectly healthy. Thats why they, and myself are all like wtf?
I don't know you, but I know the words... as in "I'll wait". Been there, done that... I saw quite a few patients take that passive attitude, usually before they got "sick", went to Hospital, and then never came back.

To be fair these people already knew what was wrong with them, they had End Stage Renal Disease. The ESRD isn't what killed them, most of the time they had heart attacks, pneumonia or got a nasty infection. However "wait and see" doesn't cut it, at least for myself.

Nothing wrong with a second opinion.... in fact if I were dealing with something that important I'd insist upon it.

They give you a Holter Monitor check yet? It's a computerized rig the size of a paperback that hangs off of your shoulder and has a dozen leads that a tech puts on your chest. Monitors your heart. I wore one for a time, an entire day, but nothing came of it.

Gene
GeneW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:31 PM   #36
||)) (o) ||\||
- Donnie Demonic -

Yes, I have worn the Holter Monitor for 24 hours. Thats how they were able to see what exactly is happening. My heart pauses for several seconds, hence the "sinking" feeling. Then once it receives the electrical pulse, it just kicks back on again and thats the "thump" I feel.

-EDIT-

Everyones heart does actually pause at times, its just mine is for way too long.