Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-14-2010, 09:02 AM   #1
Ayaz

Drives: 09 4 door sedan
Question Annoying Fasten Seatbelt Beeping

Alright guys. Hows everyone on this fine Monday Morning?

I noticed that everyone here is very helpful, so I figured you guys might help me out too...

I have a 2009 Yaris Sedan. It is programmed to beep when either myself or my passenger is not wearing a belt. This annoying beeping goes on for like 40 seconds. I know it is short lived, but it is annoying.

Does anyone know how to reprogram the car to stop beeping?

And while I am at it, I would like to be able to unlock all the doors by pushing the unlock button once.

So My question is: Does anyone have a programming guide for the keyless entry system that was used on the 2009 vehicles in Canada? I used to have it for my Matrix, but That was a different remote and I got rid of the stuff I had for it.

Thanks for your help guys.
Ayaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayaz View Post
Alright guys. Hows everyone on this fine Monday Morning?

I noticed that everyone here is very helpful, so I figured you guys might help me out too...

I have a 2009 Yaris Sedan. It is programmed to beep when either myself or my passenger is not wearing a belt. This annoying beeping goes on for like 40 seconds. I know it is short lived, but it is annoying.

And while I am at it, I would like to be able to unlock all the doors by pushing the unlock button once.

So My question is: Does anyone have a programming guide for the keyless entry system that was used on the 2009 vehicles in Canada? I used to have it for my Matrix, but That was a different remote and I got rid of the stuff I had for it.

Thanks for your help guys.
Both of those requests can be done via the Toyota TechStream tool (in about 30 seconds). The single unlock your dealer shouldn't have an issue with, but the seatbelt chime can be difficult to get a dealer to turn off (either for liability or law).
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:36 AM   #3
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Quote:
No need to reprogram. Just do up your seat belt.

And you should be able to reprogram the unlock mode to do all doors on one click.

I forget how it goes now... something like hold the lock button down inside the car while you turn the key to "ON"for a few seconds. It should cycle through different modes.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #4
Ayaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-rs View Post
No need to reprogram. Just do up your seat belt.
Alright guys come one..I know I am supposed to leave my seatbelt on but when I am moving my car from my buildings outdoor parking to my indoor parking spot, i hate the beeping....not trying to drive without my belt on the streets...guess no one knows how to do it.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Alright guys come one..I know I am supposed to leave my seatbelt on but when I am moving my car from my buildings outdoor parking to my indoor parking spot, i hate the beeping....not trying to drive without my belt on the streets...guess no one knows how to do it.
As I mentioned above it requires the Techstream tool. I have done it on both of my Yaris, but I happen to own a Techstream tool.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #6
Prohibit
Verbieten Sie

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Prohibit Send a message via MSN to Prohibit Send a message via Yahoo to Prohibit
Everything you are requesting can be found easily with the forum search tool. Just saying..

Hatchback Purist? Be sure to drop in and register. New forum with a great clean design and potential.
Prohibit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:49 PM   #7
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prohibit View Post
Everything you are requesting can be found easily with the forum search tool. Just saying..
Don't bother searching for the thread on this, it's useless. I tried everything in there with no success . CTScott is right, you need that tool. I don't think any dealer in their right mind will disable it now that those seat-belt chimes have been made federal law (in the US at least).
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #8
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Right on time, every 3 months this shows up.

From my younger years, I remember trying to LEAVE places without being noticed/heard, but that's another story...

The Toyota tech can cut the warning down to 5 seconds or so, thereby satisfying you and the law.
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:20 PM   #9
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
give this a try it works on all the Scions and quite a few other Toyotas.....may work on the Yaris.....

#1 turn on ignition and make sure the odometer is the active not the trip meters.

#2 within 6 seconds press the odometer reset button for at least ten seconds.

#3 while holding the reset button plug the safety belt in.

#4 if you did this right the display will now read b-off and if you press the reset switch again it will say b-on.
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:27 AM   #10
Ayaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
Right on time, every 3 months this shows up.

From my younger years, I remember trying to LEAVE places without being noticed/heard, but that's another story...
No offence, but not a good way to go through life...but to each their own.
LOL.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:51 PM   #11
Ayaz

So does anyone know how to program it to unlock all the doors at once, i mena besides by going to the dealership???
Old 06-16-2010, 10:07 PM   #12
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
So does anyone know how to program it to unlock all the doors at once, i mena besides by going to the dealership???
I haven't found a "trick" that works. The method mentioned above doesn't work on the Yaris.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:10 AM   #13
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Haha, Ayez, as I said, that's another story. In order to judge, one would have to hear it in its entirety... ;-)
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:48 AM   #14
Ayaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
Haha, Ayez, as I said, that's another story. In order to judge, one would have to hear it in its entirety... ;-)
LOL...ok ok.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #15
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
oh.. fo moving the car out to in or in to out...

if you stay under 12mph, it won't chime :P at least, it doesn't on mine. (20KMH)
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote