Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 01-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
loudmax20

Drives: 2007 Yaris H/b
Tire Rubs fender after accident

So we were driving to Texas and decided to stop for some food and gas and the off ramp was icy and the Yaris decided to go straight off the ramp and into a sign and the deep wet mud of the grassy area. So we finally get the car out of the grass and into the gas station parking lot, the fender is bent and rubbing the tire so we decided to remove it in the parking lot. However it's not the fender that was rubbing it was the tire that got bent back during the crash. I don't know if the axle is bent or the frame. I just want to know if this is a fixable situation or not.

Tire Rubs all of that area when turning left.

Even with the Spare there's not that much room.
loudmax20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
Take both tires off of the front. put that bad boy on jack stands. compare to the two. cringe a bit... order new parts.

take pictures so we all can see.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
That looks a bit too familiar. When I acquired Crashy, her right front A-arm and axle were bent. The A-arm was bent back enough that only the spare would fit without rubbing and the axle was bent enough that you could hear it tap the sub-frame on every revolution.

Take some measurements on each side to symmetrical holes to determine exactly what is bent.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #4
loudmax20

Drives: 2007 Yaris H/b
Hey sorry I haven't updated you guys on the situation. the Body shop said that I needed a new strut, a hub, a bearing, and a knuckle. As well as all the body work and stuff. Grand Total in Damages is $1274.51 in parts and $1188 in Labor
loudmax20 is offline   Reply With Quote