Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-13-2006, 09:45 AM   #1
adnanmalik

Drives: Yaris 2001
Yaris 2001 - serious problem

Hello All,

I am having a serious problems;

Well firstly that I live in Saudi Arabia and I have imported a Yaris 2001. Now recently my car has been giving me serious problem like ABS fails to work and also cars jerks and looses power when I am driving continously for 3-4 hrs.

I have checked with Toyota agents here in Saudi and they just don't know what or how to check.

They further says that they can not do anything because yaris hatch back is not available in saudi. They do have toyota echo.

Now can any one confirm this to me, whether Echo and Yaris have the same spart parts ??

these are the problems with my car thru computer they found.
P0115
P0120
P0500

C0200
C0205
C0210
C0215
C1241

adnanmalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:22 AM   #2
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
Sorry not much help but wouldn't Toyota be able to locate the problems via the computer codes and then help you out on how to fix (even though they do not have the Yaris since you imported)?

Good luck and hopefully you can get fixed pronto....

Kevin
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:56 AM   #3
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
Follow this link it provides a complete list of OBDII trouble codes.
Good luck.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...threadid=31404

P0115 engine coolant temperature circuit
P0120 throttle pedal sensor switch
P0500 vehicle speed sensor

C0200 is wheel speed sensor / abs right front
C0205 is wheel speed sensor / abs left front
C0210 is wheel speed sensor / abs right rear
C0215 is wheel speed sensor / abs left rear
C1241 possibly abs trouble code or caliper trouble code

These should be correct. Hope this helps

Replacing these parts may cost you more than the car.

Last edited by mikeukrainetz; 06-13-2006 at 11:28 AM.
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:58 AM   #4
adnanmalik

Dear All,

So many thanks for the reply. I do have these lists. Toyota actually wrote it down for me. But what I would like to ask is whether Echo and Yaris uses the same parts ?
Old 06-14-2006, 07:37 AM   #5
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by adnanmalik
Dear All,

So many thanks for the reply. I do have these lists. Toyota actually wrote it down for me. But what I would like to ask is whether Echo and Yaris uses the same parts ?

the car in your pic, is an american echo, so yes should be same parts.
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:22 AM   #6
adnanmalik

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch
the car in your pic, is an american echo, so yes should be same parts.

You mean my car is american version

The eng says 2NZ ??

So I can dismantle the ABS and use Echos ?? and also the fuel parts
Old 06-14-2006, 11:12 AM   #7
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
The car in the pic is the global version of the previous gen JDM Vitz, under the name Yaris or ECHO in hatchback form (depending where its sold outside of Japan), obviously its not going to exact because different countries have different regulations as far as safety, and emissions and also Toyota will market certain things (as far as availible features that go with the car) to certain regions where that market applies...so the only ECHO hatch sold in NA was in Canada...but the ECHO/Platz sedan are a different set up as its a little bigger car as far as length but it has the same layout inside and same engine where ever that applies...I would guess the they would have similar parts but I'm wondering if specification would be different based on engine size and type (family)-meaning in NA we got (from what I heard) the top of the line 1.5ltr engine only and the rest of the world or most of it had the option of 1.3ltr and 1.4ltr. engines...is yours a diesel or gas? That would make a difference...I shouldn't say too much cause I don't want to confuse you or myself! I wish you luck!

P.S. Just curious why you imported your car? Do they only sell the sedan in Saudi Arabia and not the hatch and the hatch is what you wanted?
Old 06-15-2006, 03:34 AM   #8
as400g33k

Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
Quote:
You mean my car is american version

The eng says 2NZ ??

So I can dismantle the ABS and use Echos ?? and also the fuel parts
I wouldn't say american version as Toyota doesn't manufacture the Echo/Yaris in any of their North American factories. That car is the previous generation, badged Vitz in Japan, Echo in North America and Australia and Yaris in Europe. The current version launched in 2005 in Japan is still badged as Vitz in Japan but was realased as the Yaris everywhere else dropping the Echo name from North America and Australia.

2NZ-FE is the engine code for the 1.3L petrol engine found in the cars.

And yes, Gen. 1 Vitz/Echos/Yaris share most parts esp. engine parts. Body parts are somewhat different as the car has undergone a couple of facelifts in its life, so a Series 1 will have a different bumper/headlights than the Series 2.

HTH
as400g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:51 AM   #9
adnanmalik

Dear All,

My car engine tag is NCP10L. I somehow got the instruction manual for NCP20.

1. Is there any difference between them ?
2. Where is ECU fitted ?
3. There is a 20a fuse pluged into 7.5a fuse box. Will higher fuse of 20a make any difference ? Actually my ABS is not working and if you see my problem then there is a problem Low battery voltage or abnormally high battery voltage.

I have checked the battery and its giving me output of 13v which is fine for ABS. I feel it could be that 20a fuse which is pluged into 7.5 (ECU)

Where can I find this ECU ?

Please help
Old 06-18-2006, 08:35 PM   #10
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Dear All,

My car engine tag is NCP10L. I somehow got the instruction manual for NCP20.

1. Is there any difference between them ?
2. Where is ECU fitted ?
3. There is a 20a fuse pluged into 7.5a fuse box. Will higher fuse of 20a make any difference ? Actually my ABS is not working and if you see my problem then there is a problem Low battery voltage or abnormally high battery voltage.

I have checked the battery and its giving me output of 13v which is fine for ABS. I feel it could be that 20a fuse which is pluged into 7.5 (ECU)

Where can I find this ECU ?

Please help
Umm, your toyota dealer sucks, if they couldn't figure out that a 20a fuse in a slot for a 7.5a is dangerous, don't use them...

also if i were you I wouldn't touch the car, sounds like you have no idea either, and may end up killing yourself..
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:59 AM   #11
adnanmalik

Dangerous

Punch, could this be the reasons why my ABS is not working ? Because of high fuse being used for ECU ??