Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-24-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
awesome, congrats dude
Old 10-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Here is my track day checklist, in case it's helpful to others:

http://www.microimageonline.com/down...0CHECKLIST.pdf
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:31 AM   #3
ilikerice

I am already good with left foot braking for autox, but I am just going to take it easy. Friend from autox who also tracks says, instructors dont like to see newbies left foot braking or getting the car sideways. Give the car 75% of its capabilities and the instructor will more then likely sit out and let you run solo after the lunch break.

Love the checklist Garm

I will be monitoring and keeping notes on pressures and temps each heat for future setups. I think I got all the info I need though. I take everyone's tips and suggestions with a grain of salt. I am new to "track" events so I will see what happens for myself and enjoy the weather.. lol

Again, thanks guys.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:49 AM   #4
racerb

Drives: 2010 Yaris HB Blazin' Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
I am already good with left foot braking for autox, but I am just going to take it easy. Friend from autox who also tracks says, instructors dont like to see newbies left foot braking or getting the car sideways. Give the car 75% of its capabilities and the instructor will more then likely sit out and let you run solo after the lunch break.

Love the checklist Garm

I will be monitoring and keeping notes on pressures and temps each heat for future setups. I think I got all the info I need though. I take everyone's tips and suggestions with a grain of salt. I am new to "track" events so I will see what happens for myself and enjoy the weather.. lol

Again, thanks guys.
Definately keep a log of things that worked good and changes that just didn't feel right. When I sold the Pulsar, we gave the new owner a book full of info on camber/caster, toe, spring rates, suggested tire pressures, and even carberator jetting for nearly every track in the Southeast. So when he prepped for the track, all he had to do was flip a page and there was anything from VIR to Daytona. Your auto-xing will be a big help, cause it's much easier to go from auto-x to road coarse, not as easy the other way round.

If you get the bug really bad, our NASA Southeast group runs Road Atlanta 4 times a year and Roebling usually 1-2 times a year. We have HPDE groups 1-4for everything from Novice to Instructor level drivers, with Time Trials and 3 Race Group almost every event. Check us out at www.nasa-se.com in fact we're running this weekend at CMP (Carolina Motorsports Park).

racerb
'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5
racerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
ilikerice

Thanks so much for the nasa-se link.. I do have the bug pretty bad already. I would like to get some information on liciense requirement for track events. They will probably have that this friday though.

Hopefully on my next bonus/tax refund next year, I will get the roll cage (from garm), extra set of rims and tires, and a good bucket seat. I think Tires are going to be the biggest investment.

Worse case, I wont be able to run the yaris and will have to pick up another project car (MR2 MK1 gots my attention). Girlfiend says I shouldnt be running my DD as a track car, which she has a valid point. we will see when the time comes
Old 10-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
racerb

Drives: 2010 Yaris HB Blazin' Blue
Check out these 2 sites for early model Toyota performance goodies, in fact Jeff at Toyz Unlimited might even have an MR2 like your looking for. www.toyz-unlimited.com www.toyheadauto.com
'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5
racerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #7
ilikerice

awesome, when im ready, ill email that guy. awesome links
Old 10-24-2011, 09:28 PM   #8
ArmyYaris

Drives: Blazin' Blue 2007 Yaris LB
Sweeet!!
Old 11-08-2011, 01:36 AM   #9
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
That was an exciting video of your race!

I feel sorry for car 98 during SSC. The camera kept cutting away as he showed up because he was so far behind.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #10
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
That was an exciting video of your race!

I feel sorry for car 98 during SSC. The camera kept cutting away as he showed up because he was so far behind.
The B-Spec trim Yaris just doesn't have enough speed on those long straits at Road America. We saw the list of trap speeds from the Runoffs - this is the speed at which you approach Turn 5. The 98 was going 100mph, not too bad. The 99 was going 110mph, in the rain. There is a big speed difference between the two prep levels.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #11
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Some crafty people found the online location of the Dec issue of SportsCar before we announced it.

Here is the Runoffs coverage: http://www.sportscarmag-digital.com/...car/201112#pg1

H Prod is on page 62.