Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #55
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTREX View Post
So you got it running already?

And why would the TC (320cc) injectors be a problem? What would you advise instead? The OE injectors should max out pretty quickly after 5psi of boost or so...
1zz injectors are the answer :)
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #56
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdydjded View Post
You can only go +20% larger injectors without the ECU going crazy, its a common problem on newer cars
That sucks... as it would limit the power badly.

I thought the +/- 20% was the amount of variance that the stock ECU could handle... but with a FIC I was expecting to be able to handle even larger injectors. At least that's what AEM says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
1zz injectors are the answer :)
Didn't you ran TC injectors on th xA as well?

I wonder if the TC injectors would be a good fit for the 2ZR-FE (1.8L) engine on a boosted application.

I haven't been able to find what the CC rate is for the OE injectors on this engine so I can't tell what is the flow difference.
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:13 PM   #57
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
the issue with huge injectors and the FIC is that it really is not an actual tuning device. it's just skewing the stock graphs (+ and - the numbers going to/from ECU). this is one of the reasons that the FIC can be troublesome if not properly tuned (the factory ECU catches on to what you're doing and ruins your tune, unless you take proper volt clamping measures and spend a considerable amount of time either on the dyno or making street pulls and drives around town and on the highway in all types of weather)

and yes, i ran tC injectors on the xA with no real issues, other than things that were my fault to begin with.

i'd imagine the 360 or 370cc injectors from the 2AZFE (camry, highlander, rav4 and tC) would work great for you :) ..
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #58
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
I already have a set of TC injectors... that's why I'm hoping they might work.

I really want to have the management figured before I start spending money on all the custom stuff...
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:20 AM   #59
changchewsoon

Drives: Vios Turbo
Send a message via MSN to changchewsoon Send a message via Yahoo to changchewsoon
hi, its interesting to see that you're using all the features of the FIC minus the O2 remap feature.

im curious to find out how is your STFT/LTFT doing? will be great if you could plug in a OBD2 reader to find out.

i know clamping the MAF and relying on the MAP is a common practice when it sees boost, how about partial throttle? because even during partial throttle there could be boost as well.

does it mean when the ECU is in feedback mode it relies solely on the stock narrowband to adjust air/fuel?
changchewsoon is offline   Reply With Quote