Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-05-2022, 02:58 PM   #1
Welshpear

Drives: Yaris
2015 yaris driver window not working

Hi guys,

Hope someone can help.

I have got 2015 yaris with front electric windows only. Driver side has auto feature. All of sudden, driver side window stop working.

Checked the fuses under the dash and all seem fine. Bought second hand windows switch and it makes no difference. Bought a second hand window motor and tried to connect it first to test the issue. However, the new motor is not working when I pressed the switch neither.

I understand there are individual fuses for each doors and are labelled "door", "Door p", "Door R/R" and "Door R/L". All fuses are fine and it seem that they are nothing to do with electric windows (tried to get all of them out and passenger side window is still working fine). There is 5th fuse marked " P/W" which control electric window (passenger side window stop when this fuse is out). Is there another secret fuse somewhere to control driver side window?

I did connect the obd with Launch diagnostic machine and there is communicate with driver door module but I can not control the window up/down with output test.

Is there known wiring issue with 2015 Yaris for driver window?

Can anyone help please?????
Welshpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 10:50 PM   #2
TNT

Drives: 2016 Yaris
Now that you've checked fuses...have you checked to see if you are getting power to the master switch with a test light or multimeter? I am assuming all other windows work as designed?
TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 01:10 AM   #3
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
if the rest of the windows work then youve likely got power...so heres the question tho..do all the other windows work from the drivers switches or only from their own?

its not uncommon for alot of cars to have the drivers harness fail from too many open/close of the door bending the wire back n forth till they eventualy break

however if all the other windows function from the driver switches the wiring shouldnt be the issue it should be the auto down module in that case
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 02:56 PM   #4
Welshpear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
Now that you've checked fuses...have you checked to see if you are getting power to the master switch with a test light or multimeter? I am assuming all other windows work as designed?
This car only have electric windows in the front. Yes, passenger side works fine.
Old 05-14-2022, 03:01 PM   #5
Welshpear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
if the rest of the windows work then youve likely got power...so heres the question tho..do all the other windows work from the drivers switches or only from their own?

its not uncommon for alot of cars to have the drivers harness fail from too many open/close of the door bending the wire back n forth till they eventualy break

however if all the other windows function from the driver switches the wiring shouldnt be the issue it should be the auto down module in that case
There is power to the switch but no power to regulator.

I have been told that the driver window is controlled by body control module due to auto up/down feature. Therefore, I have also changed BCM unit too but still no power to driver window.

there is driver door module build in to regulator motor. I can use my diagnostic machine to communicate with door module. However, the window would not go up/down when I send command via diagnostic machine neither.
Old 05-14-2022, 08:14 PM   #6
sh0rtlife

if its not too much of a pain...unbolt the passenger motor and plug it into the dirvers side, if it works you know its the driver motor..if it fails to work, youve got a wiring issue
Old 05-19-2022, 04:04 PM   #7
Welshpear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
if its not too much of a pain...unbolt the passenger motor and plug it into the dirvers side, if it works you know its the driver motor..if it fails to work, youve got a wiring issue

Finally sorted the problem. It was the broken wiring in the harness going through the door hinge.
Old 05-23-2022, 04:15 PM   #8
sh0rtlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshpear View Post
Finally sorted the problem. It was the broken wiring in the harness going through the door hinge.
sadly thats the typical spot for MOST cars with power anything in the doors..had that issue in the 90s on my 74 lincoln, fixed that issue around 2001 on an 80s accord...

every time you open your doors you flex all the wires going into them